Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My sony vaio PCG 7R2M wont get past the vaio startup screen,

Customer Question

My sony vaio PCG 7R2M wont get past the vaio startup screen, then it goes black with the underscool in the top left corner, how can i fix it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Customer:

thank you

ITTechQ&A :

When the PC starts do you see the viao logo? After that does it go black?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

then wont go further than that

ITTechQ&A :

Do you have recovery disc for the PC?

Customer:

no, that went missing a while ago, is it possible to purchase one from somewhere?

Customer:

or another way?

ITTechQ&A :

Let me check give me a min.

ITTechQ&A :

Yes, you can purchase a set of recovery disc from the following site. You will need to put in your model number and go from there:

ITTechQ&A :

This is also the number for parts and accesory sales 1-800-488-SONY (7669)

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

This is also the number for parts and accessory sales 1-800-488-SONY (7669)

The recovery disc will solve one of the issues, the other problem seems as though your hard drive has failed. That's why you can't get past the Sony Viao startup logo. Your drive will need replacement as well.