Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

I get a peculiar message when I tried to get to this site from

I get a peculiar message when I tried to get to this site from within the e-mail you sent me.

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact system administrator."

I'm the system administrator & I don't know what the message means.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hello I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Can you please tell me what type of email program you are using to view your emails?
If it is outlook can you please tell me what version of outlook you are using?

Customer:

It's Microsoft Outlook 2002

Omer Mushahwar :

OK thank you for the response

Omer Mushahwar :

one other question have you recently uninstalled any internet browsers such as google chrome

Customer:

Yes

Omer Mushahwar :

was it specifically google chrome?

Customer:

Yes it was. My husband has been using my computer. I did not specifically install Chrome but it appeared. So I deleted it.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok the reason you get this error message is for some reason when Google chrome is uninstalled it doesn't reset your registry settings to use your other browser so in essence the computer doesn't know what to use to open your link.

The short answer is if you reinstall google chrome all will be fixed you can then switched your default browser to Internet explorer or something else if you prefer it

How if you would like to go deeper we can go into the computer registry and fix the issues that Chrome has caused with out reinstalling its really up to you

Please let me know which you would like to try

Customer:

I rather not use Chrome because I don't want to be locked into Google & I don't know how to anyhow. But if it's easier to do that, it's ok with me.

Omer Mushahwar :

Well you wouldnt have to use it but just reinstalling it fixes all the registry keys we would have to manually edit

Customer:

OK, how to I re-install it.

Omer Mushahwar :

Then you can simply make the browse you want to use be it Internet explorer or firefox your default browser and never have to actually use it

Omer Mushahwar :

sure one second

Omer Mushahwar :

If you go to that link it will give you a button that says click here to download google chrome on the right hand side

Omer Mushahwar :

click on the blue button

Omer Mushahwar :

when prompted save the file to your desktop

Omer Mushahwar :

then once its finished downloading double click the file to install it

Omer Mushahwar :

after you install it I can walk you through making your other browser your default

Omer Mushahwar :

hows the install coming along

Customer:

I think it's finished

Omer Mushahwar :

oh perfect so you now have google chrome installed on your computer, now try opening a link in your email again

Customer:

OK I'll be right back

Omer Mushahwar :

Sure

Customer:

clicking the link opens "My Documents" and wait for an answer ??

Customer:

I think I didn't do the double click step. Do I need to start over?

Omer Mushahwar :

Which double click step?

Omer Mushahwar :

You didnt double click on the install file to install google chrome?

Customer:

Yes, I think I missed that step

Omer Mushahwar :

oh ok well please double click on the install file so the program installs

Omer Mushahwar :

please let me know if you have any questions

Omer Mushahwar :

Has the program now successfully installed?

Customer:

Everything seems fine now. Thank you very much, I'm glad you know what you're talking about

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field