Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I need to get rid of home.my websearch.com and get my comcast.net

Customer Question

I need to get rid of home.my websearch.com and get my comcast.net homepage back. I have removed the my websearch toolbar. But unable to remove home.my websearch,com I am 76 years old and I do not need this now. thank you and I hope you can help me This has been HELL. Altho it was my fault. I wanted to have a all weather toolbar for future reference and this happened.
Category: Computer
Expert:  RPI Solutions replied 3 years ago.

Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

So you just want your homepage changed?

Robert Preston :

What browser do you use? Internet Explorer?

JACUSTOMER-04128xv9- :

JACUSTOMER-04128xv9- :

I want to get rid of the homepage which is home.my websearch.com and back to comcast.net homepage. Yes I do use Internet Explorer. Right now when I first log on it is the my websearch instead of comcast. net. I can still usr comcast.net by searching for it on the my websearch. I have read numerous horrid stories of how this can be the web from hell. I would like to have all the way it was prior to this. Thanks

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

You can change your home page by clicking on Start, then Control Panel, then Internet Options. Then type in the box next to Home page: in http://www.comcast.net. Then click OK. That should do it.

If it does not work, please try below:

If you have Internet Explorer version 6:

1.

Go to the Web page you want to make your home page.

2.

On the Internet Explorer 6 Tools menu, click Internet Options.

3.

In the Internet Options box, on the General tab, click the Use Current button.

Internet Options box

Internet Options box

4.

Click OK.

If you have Internet Explorer version 7 or 8:

Go to the Web site you'd like to use for your homepage, in this case comcast.net. Then, click the down arrow next to the Home icon on the Internet Explorer 8 toolbar and select Add or Change Home Page. Now you can select whether you want to Use this webpage as your only home page, or Add this webpage to your homepage tabs. Click Yes to save your changes.

If there is still issue, please click here to download and install the Anti-Malware software. Then scan your computer. Then try the above steps again to change your home page to comcast.net.

Please click on Accept if my answer has helped you.

Thanks,
-Viet
Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>Good Morning,</p><p>I will try this and see if it works. And will let you know ASAP. thanks</p>
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
Are you able to get back to the comcast page that you want to make home?

If so you can click on "make this my homepage" at the top left:

graphic

Edited by Molinari on 11/10/2010 at 4:30 PM EST