Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
14934061

Question 1 2 points Save Most ________ allow you

Customer Question

Question 1 2 points Save
Most ________ allow you to connect wireless and wired computers to the same network.
servers
modems
wireless routers
transceivers

Question 2 2 points Save
A(n) ________ allows sharing of a broadband Internet connection.
adapter
switch
router
hub

Question 3 2 points Save
Which of the following network adapters is most likely to be preinstalled in a typical notebook computer today?
both a wireless and wired network adapter
a transceiver
a power-line adapter
a modem

Question 4 2 points Save
A network that has 10 or more nodes is usually configured as a:
home network.
peer-to-peer network.
WAN.
client/server network.

Question 5 2 points Save
Which of the following is necessary if you want your Ethernet network to connect to the Internet through a DSL or cable modem?
a hub
a DSL/cable router
a cable
a switch

Question 6 2 points Save
The unique number assigned to a network adapter by the manufacturer is referred to as the ________ address.
MAC
SSID
network
IP

Question 7 2 points Save
Due to the expansion of media files on home computers, ________ options are now being marketed; however, they are not as full featured as their business-world counterparts.
network
external hard drive
online storage
home server

Question 8 2 points Save
A ________ is a network located in your home that is used to connect all of your digital devices.
MAN
LAN
HAN
WAN

Question 9 2 points Save
Which of the following is NOT an example of a network node?
a printer
a computer
a modem
a mouse

Question 10 2 points Save
A(n) ________ keeps track of data packets and, in conjunction with network interface cards, helps the data packets find their destination without running into each other on an Ethernet network.
amplifier
router
hub
switch

Question 11 2 points Save
A computer network is defined as two or more computers connected with ________ so that they can communicate with each other.
Ethernet cable
software and hardware
the Internet
at least one server

Question 12 2 points Save
For Ethernet cables that run more than 100 meters, you can use ________ to boost the signal.
repeaters
routers
switches
amplifiers

Question 13 2 points Save
Which of the following devices is needed to share an Internet connection on a wireless network?
a wireless hub
a modem
a wireless router
a fiber-optic cable

Question 14 2 points Save
Which of the following is NOT an example of a WAN?
a computer at a military base in Georgia connected with a computer at a military base in Florida.
LANs connected in a single building
a computer at a bank's main branch connected with a LAN at the bank's branch office across town
a LAN at the main university campus connected with a LAN at the university extension site

Question 15 2 points Save
Network architectures are classified according to:
the distance between the hub and the router.
the speed at which the processor runs.
the way they are controlled and the distance between their nodes.
the bandwidth supplied by the connection.

Question 16 2 points Save
All of the following are reasons for using a power-line network instead of an Ethernet network EXCEPT:
power-line networks can be easier to install.
power-line networks cost less.
you don't need to run new wires with a power-line network.
you are experiencing interference with a wireless Ethernet network.

Question 17 2 points Save
Which of the following devices translates electronic data into radio waves?
a receiver
a fiber-optic cable
a transceiver
a modem

Question 18 2 points Save
The ________ is the maximum speed at which data can be transmitted between two nodes on a network.
transmission speed
node speed
data transfer rate
throughput

Question 19 2 points Save
Throughput, the actual speed of data transfer that is achieved in a network, is usually:
at least the same as the data transfer rate, but often less.
more than the data transfer rate.
less than the data transfer rate.
the same as the data transfer rate.

Question 20 2 points Save
The most common type of home network is:
a peer-to-peer (P2P) network.
a token ring LAN.
a client/server network.
a WAN.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello.

JACUSTOMER-4fojzje9- :

hey hows it going?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello sir, when is the due date for this?

JACUSTOMER-4fojzje9- :

tonight at 11:55

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

ok, i will send you the results before that time

JACUSTOMER-4fojzje9- :

ok on here or via e-mail?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

on here.

JACUSTOMER-4fojzje9- :

ok thanks

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you are welcome

Experience: Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax

Hello, here is the first part:

Question 1 2 points Save Most ________ allow you to connect wireless and wired computers to the same network. servers modems wireless routers transceivers Question 2 2 points Save A(n) ________ allows sharing of a broadband Internet connection. adapter switch router hub Question 3 2 points Save Which of the following network adapters is most likely to be preinstalled in a typical notebook computer today? both a wireless and wired network adapter a transceiver a power-line adapter a modem Question 4 2 points Save A network that has 10 or more nodes is usually configured as a: home network. peer-to-peer network. WAN. client/server network. Question 5 2 points Save Which of the following is necessary if you want your Ethernet network to connect to the Internet through a DSL or cable modem? a hub a DSL/cable router a cable a switch Question 6 2 points Save The unique number assigned to a network adapter by the manufacturer is referred to as the ________ address. MAC SSID network IP Question 7 2 points Save Due to the expansion of media files on home computers, ________ options are now being marketed; however, they are not as full featured as their business-world counterparts. network external hard drive online storage home server Question 8 2 points Save A ________ is a network located in your home that is used to connect all of your digital devices. MAN LAN HAN WAN Question 9 2 points Save Which of the following is NOT an example of a network node? a printer a computer a modem a mouse Question 10 2 points Save A(n) ________ keeps track of data packets and, in conjunction with network interface cards, helps the data packets find their destination without running into each other on an Ethernet network. amplifier router hub switch Question 11 2 points Save A computer network is defined as two or more computers connected with ________ so that they can communicate with each other. Ethernet cable software and hardware the Internet at least one server Question 12 2 points Save For Ethernet cables that run more than 100 meters, you can use ________ to boost the signal. repeaters routers switches amplifiers Question 13 2 points Save Which of the following devices is needed to share an Internet connection on a wireless network? a wireless hub a modem a wireless router a fiber-optic cable

**** to be continued.

part 2 >>>

Question 14 2 points Save Which of the following is NOT an example of a WAN? a computer at a military base in Georgia connected with a computer at a military base in Florida. LANs connected in a single building a computer at a bank's main branch connected with a LAN at the bank's branch office across town a LAN at the main university campus connected with a LAN at the university extension site Question 15 2 points Save Network architectures are classified according to: XXXXX XXXXX between the hub and the router. the speed at which the processor runs. the way they are controlled and the distance between their nodes. the bandwidth supplied by the connection.

to be continued.

last one:

Question 16 2 points Save All of the following are reasons for using a power-line network instead of an Ethernet network EXCEPT: power-line networks can be easier to install. power-line networks cost less. you don't need to run new wires with a power-line network. you are experiencing interference with a wireless Ethernet network. Question 17 2 points Save Which of the following devices translates electronic data into radio waves? a receiver a fiber-optic cable a transceiver a modem Question 18 2 points Save The ________ is the maximum speed at which data can be transmitted between two nodes on a network. transmission speed node speed data transfer rate throughput Question 19 2 points Save Throughput, the actual speed of data transfer that is achieved in a network, is usually: at least the same as the data transfer rate, but often less. more than the data transfer rate. less than the data transfer rate. the same as the data transfer rate. Question 20 2 points Save The most common type of home network is: a peer-to-peer (P2P) network. a token ring LAN. a client/server network. a WAN.

Edited by XXXXX XXXXXnell on 11/9/2010 at 12:18 AM EST