Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Print Address Book 2010

Print Address Book 2010
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

here is how to print your address book.

1. In Contacts, in the Navigation Pane, click the contacts folder that you want to print.
  2. Click the File tab.
  3. Click Print.
  4. Do one of the following:
  • Click Print.
  • Select the styles and options that you want.
    • Under Settings, click the style that you want. A preview is shown in the Preview Pane. When you are ready to print, click Print.
    • To change the font, heading or other settings of the style that you want, under Printer, click Print Options, and then on the Print dialog box, under Print style, click Define Styles. Click Print.
    • If you want to specify individual pages or sets of pages to be printed, under Printer, click Print Options, and then on the Print dialog box, under Print range, click the options that you want. Click Print.

Please click accept to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Print is not an option nor even showing up ghosted as an option when I click on File.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Question..

Do you have a printer installed on this computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, State of the Art HP Photosmart Premium. I am an Engineer and am quite computer savvy. FYI. My Window's Office Pro 2010 is a new install via download.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
got you..

can you print from any other office program, like word..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can print from everything else
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
While i researching a fix..

Dumb question,

But when inside outlook, what happens if you click Control P?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tried it. Nothing. I should have thought of that too.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok,, just checking..

Hoping maybe just the print option had been disabled on the menu.. But it looks like its more then that as well.

lets see if we can add it to the toolbar..

Click File->Options->Quick Access Toolbar, choose Quick Print command then click Add

then , close and open outlook.. open a email message..

the, find the toolbar below.

By left clicking on the down arrow on the right of the toolbar, you can quickly access some of the most common commands.. do you see print, or the printer icon now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Were you able to see these options..?

or did you not see that option at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already installed quick print on the tool bar. But can only print e-mails. When I open up the address book the tool bar dissapears.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Aha..

So.. We have at least got outlook where it will print something then..

Thats good, because we know its actually gotten an interface with the program, and the printer.. And that was what I was most worried about..

So we can now print emails from outlook..

Just need to focus on the address book now..

give me a few minutes to check something on my build of outlook 2010.. to see if i can disable the print optioon.. that way i can figure out how to re enable it..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Click on the ‘Contacts’ tab present in the Navigation pane to open the list of your Outlook Contacts.

Figure 1

2) Now double click on a particular Contact to open it in the contact window, So that, you can print the contact.

Figure 2

3) Now in the Contact window, you have to click on the ‘File’ tab and then select the ‘Print’ Option.

Figure 3

4) Now you can choose the Print Options and a style of how you want the contact to be printed. To do this, click on the ‘Print Options’ tab.

Figure 4

Please try this to see if we can print a single contact.. let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yeah I did that a long time ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok, so you can print a single contact

tell me exactly what happens if you try this.

immediately click file, do you see print?

if so, click it and print.. let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I go into Address Book and double click on any individual contact I can print their information. Cannot print the entire contents at one time.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
i dont want you to go to address book..

in the navigation pane..

just click contacts once..

dont click or do anything else other then this.

when the window opens,

click file, do you see print.?

( do not click on address book at all)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
BINGO Problem solved!
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Excellent!

Thanks for hanging in there with me..

If your satisfied with the service you recieved, you would click accept at this time..

If you have any other questions, let me know!

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=19897260&FID=6
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller