Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I got Error Code 0f00 0244 after running the Dell Diagnostics

Customer Question

I got Error Code 0f00:0244 after running the Dell Diagnostics CD and scanning the hard drive. I found the following info:
0F00-0244 Error is a common windows error caused by misconfigured system files. which indicate that your system is having a corrupt registry entries.

Which is consistent with my symptoms.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

There are a few things we can do here that are quick, and easy..

To start..

Please go to the link below and Download CC Cleaner ( Free .. dont pay for anything unless i specifically say to do so, and I only use free programs!!)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/download/ea67f121b76931e56d681a1cbae6b492/

Once downloaded, install it, then run it.. ( program is called cc cleaner)

Click on registry, then click on scan, and then fix any errors it finds.

Then on the left, click on cleaner, click on windows, then analyze and remove what it finds..
then click on cleaner, click on applications.. have it analyze, then remove what it finds

Next , lets repair some windows files quick and easy.

click start, all programs, accessories, right click command prompt..

click run as admin

type in

sfc /scannow then hit enter.. it should start scanning and verifying windows core files and repairing them.. it may need the vista disk, but not always..

Next.. you will want to restart the computer..

The error should be gone, and the computer should be running a little better as well.

If the error persists, let me know, and I will continue to assist you as part of the same ticket.

Please click accept to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when I run sfc /scannow the terminal window appears stating that this will take some time. Then it disappears. what should I be looking for?
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
the black window.. ( the command prompt)

on that window.. it should have a percentage buildiing.. it could take some time depending on how fast your pc is..

do you see the percentage number on that black window building up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no. It looks like it just crashes. I am in safe mode though...let me try from normal computer mode. I had to get into safe mode to download the CC Cleaner. IE was freezing up and shutting down due to not responding error.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Aha..

you probably have a virus..

before we run cc cleaner.. or before we run sfc /scannow

please do the following ( also a free program)

Please go to the link below and download the free version of malwarebytes.

http://tinyurl.com/2wyckyq

the file name that will download is called mbamsetup.exe

Click Download, and then click save.. It will download and save the file..

Once downloaded, Run the file we just downloaded to install it..

Once installed,, Start malwarebytes ( it will be a M icon on your desktop)

it may ask to update, let it do so.. then

Have it do a fullscan.

Let me know if it finds any infected objects.. then, have it remove what it found..

the computer should restart..

then run cc cleaner..

then when thats finshed.. try to run sfc /scannow in safe mode..

let me know what happens , or if you get stuck!

Thanks!
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just finish the Malware scan. It found 35 infected registry files. It was Malware smart shopper.
I am restarting now...booting into safe mode to run CCCleaner and then the sfc /cleannow command.

Will update you in a bit on how it goes.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Hey,, I guess it got late last night, and you didnt get back to me to update me.

We found 35 infections, and removed those..

Then.. cc cleaner and sfc /scannow was supposed to be ran..

let me know how it went.. Just because you already paid me, doesnt mean im finished.. I stay till the job is complete, and we have verified he error is gone, and the computer is running better.

No need to rush back to me, when you have time. Whenever that is, send me a message. Im online quite a bit.. and when im not online, I check my mail hourly just to make sure too many people arent waiting..

Look forward to hearing from you..

regards,

D.Sandlin