Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

My computer crashed and I lost my microsoft office that I purchased

My computer crashed and I lost my microsoft office that I purchased online a few years ago, is there anyway of getting a new download?
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. Can you please tell me what web site you purchased the software from?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am sure it was the microsoft website
OK - you should have been sent an e-mail from Microsoft confirming your order. Can you do a search for Microsoft Office in your e-mail account and see if it is there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes I will give it a try and get it back to you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All of my email is gone to because of the computer reset, so no I do not have the email
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Oh wait after digging in my computer bag I dug up a slip of paper that says order date 02-08-08 and my order number CNL11388344

it was 164.94

And I have the product key

OK - is it 25 numbers and letters in 5, 5-character groups?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, great. That should be the key that you will need to reinstall Office.

Now, is it for Office 2007?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It was for whatever was availablre in august of 08

I think it was 2007

OK - please go to this page and select "Purchase History" on the left side:

You should be able to view the Office copy that you purchased and then possibly re-download it. Let me know if that works for you - thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi it is still asking me for my user name and password XXXXX was my original problem, I tried to sign up with a new account and it is asjking for credit card info and it looks like it is going to try and sell me a new copy of 2007
You cannot use a new e-mail address. Look on your order confirmation and see if it mentions the e-mail address you used. You'll have to use that original one. Do you not remember the password XXXXX the e-mail account that you used? Usually it's a Hotmail/Live/MSN account.

Edited by Frederick S. on 11/3/2010 at 2:20 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is a handwritten note I wrote to myself 2 years ago....It has no e-mail on it...Now what
Are you saying you do not recall what e-mail address you used to order this software?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I believe I have tried all the ones that I remember, and still nothing
OK - you will then need to contact either Microsoft Store:

1-877-MY-MS-STORE (1-877-696-7786)

or Digital River through this form or call them(NNN) NNN-NNNN:

Just tell them that you are no longer able to log in to the site and that you have a product key and that you have to reinstall Office 2007 because your computer crashed and they will be able to provide you with information on what steps you will need to take.