Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Getting Logitech MX5500 Time and Date on Screen

Customer Question

I HAVE A LOGITECH MX5500 HOW DO I GET THE TIME AND DATE ON THE SCREEN?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me what type of computer you have (Dell, HP, etc) and what Operating System you are using (XP, Vista, 7, etc)

JACUSTOMER-szx4w4dq- :

I have a HP Pavilion Elite and am using Windows 7

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.

Please follow these steps:

1- Right click on the taskbar and select properties
2- In the Notification area heading, click the Customize button
3- Click on the "Turn system icons on or off"
4- The first item should be clock. Select on instead of off.
5- Click ok.

If you have anymore questions please respond

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to turn on the date and time which is on a a small screen on my Logitech MX 5500 wireles keyboard

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.

Please try these steps:
Hold down the "FN" button to the right of the space bar and press "F10" From there you user the arrow keys to set the date and time. press "f10" again when you are done to return to normal operation.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It just comes up with smart key B as a message

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.

1. Connect the keyboard to your computer if it is not already connected.
2. Click the time and date at the bottom, right corner of your computer.
3. Click the "Change date and time settings" link and then click the "Change date and time" button.
4. Enter the time you want to display on your clock and click "OK" to save and close the window.
5. Click "Apply" and "OK" to save and close the "Date and Time" window. The time on the computer and on your keyboard should reflect the changes.

Let me know if the time and date display on your keyboard now.

Also, is the temperature displaying on the keyboard? and has the date and time ever displayed correctly on the keyboard while using Windows 7?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It still isn't showing time and date. It shows temperature, and did show the date and time until I changed the batteries.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.

Please take out the batteries for 5 seconds and then replace them back into the keyboard.