Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

How do I pull up deleted emails

Customer Question

How do I pull up deleted emails
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X'll be the JustAnswer.com expert assisting you today - Please add this page to your favorites for easy access again.

Most deleted emails will go to a deleted folder where you can view them before deleting them permanently. Can you please tell me what email service (hotmail, gmail, etc) or program (MS outlook or other) you are using? I'll stand by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hotmail
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Once you are logged into Hotmail, go to your inbox, then click on the deleted link on the left task pane. Does it show any deleted messages you are looking for in there?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Are there any deleted messages in the deleted folder? Also, do you usually log into Hotmail to retrieve your mail (or do you use a mail client like Outlook)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I use hotmail and there was only 1 deleted showing. These are old emails I need.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I see, after a certain amount of time hotmail purges your deleted emails. You may try the search email box that says bing. However, if that still doesn't work, your computer may still have them stored on your hard drive. There is still some chance that we can recover them from your computer:

1. Press the start button
  2. Type internet options in the search box
  3. Press the settings button under browsing history
  4. Click the view files button
  5. Change the view to details (click 1st of 3 buttons in upper right corner of window)
  6. If you remember when you deleted the hotmail email, look at the last modified date and go by that. Right click any file to copy it and then paste it to your desktop.
  7. You can send it back to your own email address by attaching the files you recovered. Just start a new email, attach the files from your desktop, and send it to your self.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
A note, the files you are looking for should be html. So under type, you'll see things like Internet Explorer document, or Firefox document if you used Firefox to view the old mail before. I'll stand by, unfortunately this is a hard process, and we may end up needing to try something else, but please try opening each of the html files you find in the internet options temporary file folder, your old email may pop up. Tell me if you find that. I'll stand by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will try this . That did not go back to 09/01/09 that is where my emails started I need.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do i go to type

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I lost you I think
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I'm sure it isn't in that folder if it doesn't go back that far. Unfortunately if it isn't there you won't be able to recover your old email. I'm very very sorry. Unfortunately hotmail, since it is a free service, clears out the deleted contents of its customers deleted folders to keep storage costs down.

I use Gmail which I've found to be great because it doesn't clear out the deleted mail. You can find it here and easily setup an account if you would like:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/about.html

I will understand if you choose not to accept my question. This was not the answer I wanted to give.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No this did not help. I'm sorry too.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not accepting since my question was not answered . Please refund my money and do not deposit it.

Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Absolutely, I will contact customer service to have them refund your deposit. They will be in contact with you shortly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, How long are we going to do this. You could not find away to do what I wanted to do, so why all the emals
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I apologize about that please disregard that email.

From time to time I send out reminders to customers to click accept if their issue was solved and I hit yours by accident. I couldn't take that back and was waiting for your reply.

I don't want to frustrate you any more than you've been frustrated -
you will not recieve any further reminders about this I promise.

Did customer service get back to you yet on your refund?