Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

How can I unmute the sound system

Customer Question

How can I "unmute" the sound system?
Category: Computer
Expert:  TonnyJonny replied 6 years ago.
Hello there!!
Thanks for your question and welcome to justanswer.com

Please try this ->
go to Control Panel-> sounds and audio devices , here uncheck the mute option.

and let me know which computer model do you have?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I checked Sounds & Audio Devices prior to asking for help. The "Mute" button has not been clicked and sound volume is on "high". You need to come up with something else.

The PC is an HP Compaq dc 5850

ok, may be audio driver is corrupted, so please try to download the audio driver from here

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3658107&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3658105&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093

install it and check your issue.

I hope it helps

thanks

Edited by TonnyJonny on 11/2/2010 at 6:07 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You asked me to download a software program from HP Compaq. I have tried to surmount their numerous hurdles in order to download their program. This is tedious and a waste of time. I cannot accept your answer.
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 6 years ago.

I am another computer expert and I will help you with the sound issue with simple step-by-step instructions.

First, make sure the speaker plug is connected probably on the computer (usually the sound jack on the computer is green) and make sure the speakers have power and the volume is turned up both on the speakers and the computer.

Also, if you have another speakers or headsets you can try to make sure the issue is not the speakers.

If that does not work, please right-click on My Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device Manager. Then open Sound, video, and game controllers. Then right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall if available, then click Yes. Then restart the computer and the sound software will automatically re-initialized/reinstalled. Then sound should work now.

Please click on Accept if my answer has helped you.

Thanks,
-Viet
Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.