Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience

I cant get Yahoo. I get a message saying Connection refused .

Customer Question

I can't get Yahoo. I get a message saying "Connection refused". What is the problem? Why is Yahoo refusing connection? I've had Yahoo for a few years now.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Which browser do you use? internet explorer or firefox?
How do you check your Yahoo emails?
Since how long are you facing this issue?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I use Internet Explorer. I check my mail by logging on to Yahoo mail. This problem just started this afternoon, a little while ago. What is the problem? I'm ready to go with someone lese.
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Please reset your browser, internet explorer and try to login to yahoo after that.

Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
Launch Internet explorer
Click Tools
Click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again.

Now, please check you yahoo emails.

If you get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. You will NOT be charged twice. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I didn't accept your answer because I tried getting connecting with Yahoo while you were working on an answer and it worked. I was able to get Yahoo again. I did contact Discover card and requested that the charge to Yahoo not be validated. I have had Yahoo for a few years now and getting a response like "CONNECTION REFUSED" was unbelieveable. I felt it was some kind of a scam. I sent an email to Yahoo Customer Service yesterday and told them the same thing. I'm sorry but I really don't think you helped me at all.