Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

I am having significant trouble with syncing. Outlook is open,

Customer Question

I am having significant trouble with syncing. Outlook is open, I tunes is open, Edit, Preferences, Devices. Mobile me Controol panel is open, at Sync tab, which only shows as available options Contacts and Bookmarks, NOT Calendar. Once I go to Advanced, the option for Reset Sync Data is also NOT available.
I need to sync both my Calendar and my address book. This has been driving me nuts for 2 weeks and I am about to SCREAM!!!

HELP, please!!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

Just to understand the question
Are you trying to sync your outlook and Mobile Me accounts together or are you trying to sync this information to an Iphone.

Customer :

I have had to maintain my outlook information on my desktop and maintain it separately on my i-phone. I have mobile me, but it is obviously not doing its job. At this time the desktop is current, the i-phone, however, not. This defeats the purpose ob the Mobile-me process, obviously. I have also tried to just plug the i-phone into the computer via its cable thinking that might accomplish the syncing - does not work either.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok So right now essentially your outlook isnt syncing with mobile me which in turn isnt syncing with your Iphone

Omer Mushahwar :

I just want to make sure I understand the situation

Customer :

That is correct!

Customer :

BTW, it's an i-phone 3

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok

Omer Mushahwar :

Now the first thing you will need to do if you havent already is download the latest mobile me control panel for your pc http://support.apple.com/kb/DL769

Customer :

I have done that.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok next we should make sure its configured correctly
From the Windows Start menu, open Control Panel and choose MobileMe, located in Network and Internet.

Sign in with your MobileMe member name and password.

Click the Sync tab. Select the “Sync with MobileMe” checkbox, and then choose Automatically for the fastest updates.

Select the Contacts, Calendars, and Bookmarks checkboxes, and then choose which applications to sync with.*

Click the Sync Now button.

The thing you really want to make sure is the check box for calendar is check and that Outlook is selected as the program to sync it

Have you done this too?

• For more information about importing your existing Outlook calendars into MobileMe Calendar, click here.

Omer Mushahwar :

The link here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4336
talks about the new mobileme Calendar

Omer Mushahwar :

When syncing you want to make sure that you select the calendar you want or all calendars in outlook

Customer :

I have signed in (again!!) gone to the Sync tab, "Automatically" is checked, but only Contacts and Bookmarks are available to be checked. Calendars is totally grey. Therein lies the problem, I think.

Customer :

Sync Now is also not available.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ah ok so its in the mobile me settings that you cannot select calendar syncing

Customer :

I suspect strongly that you are correct and apologize for being dense in my descriptions.

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me ask you this when you plug your iphone into your computer
If you click on it in itunes and click on the information tab that comes up for the phone do you see calendar as an option there?

Customer :

Sorry, but am I looking for i-tunes on my phone or on the computer? It always shows up on the desktop whenever I plug the phone in. Is that what you were asking?

Omer Mushahwar :

On the computer sorry I should have been more specific

Omer Mushahwar :

Connect your iphone to the computer

Omer Mushahwar :

Then on your computer open Itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

if it doesnt launch already

Customer :

Connected.

Omer Mushahwar :

Then click on your phone icon in itunes on the left

Customer :

I tunes is up

Omer Mushahwar :

once you click on your phone you should see some tabs in itunes one says information

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me know when you are on the info tab

Customer :

I will look again, but I do not see any phone icon in i-tunes. It has the heading "library" and then goes to mostly music stuff. I do not see a phone icon.

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you see on the left hand side where it says devices

Omer Mushahwar :

should say library

Omer Mushahwar :

then store

Omer Mushahwar :

then devices

Omer Mushahwar :

down the side

Omer Mushahwar :

Click on that if the arrow isnt pointing down as it maybe hidden

Customer :

I hate seeming like an idiot but my library heading is followed by Store, then Shared, then Genius, then Playlist. Each has several other categories under it, nothing looks like a phone. There also is not an arrow that I can see and I've clicked on most everything.

Omer Mushahwar :

Devices will only show up in Itunes when the iphone is connected to your computer and able to see Itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

Are you saying that your phone isnt available in itunes at all

Customer :

Yes. It appears that way.

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you try connecting the phone to a different USB connection on the computer

Omer Mushahwar :

Also can you tell me the exact version of outlook you are using

Customer :

I just did that and now am not getting i-tunes up as I turned the phone back on.

Customer :

Am using Outlook 2010

Omer Mushahwar :

Did you recently upgrade to 2010

Customer :

Should I attempt to open i-tunes from my desktop?

Customer :

I upgraded to Outlook when the sync didn't work in August. It worked for a bit, then crashed again.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok one second

Omer Mushahwar :

And you updated the mobile me control panel recently correct?

Customer :

Yes I did, but i'd be happy to do it again just in case there is a recent bug. It was done no more than a week ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

If you wouldnt mind please download it and reinstall it

Customer :

I don't mind at all. Will do so immediately

Omer Mushahwar :

Thanks

Customer :

I lost you!! Sorry. I reinstalled the MobileMeSetup.exe file

Omer Mushahwar :

Im stil lhere

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok now that its reinstalled

Omer Mushahwar :

go back into the settings to see if calendar is still greyed out

Customer :

This CLOUD stuff is slow...

Omer Mushahwar :

Were you able to select calendar?

Customer :

Calendar is no longer greyed out.

Omer Mushahwar :

Excellent

Omer Mushahwar :

please select it so it will sync to your mobile me account

Customer :

Only Calendar or also Contacts. Being very careful here...

Omer Mushahwar :

I would make sure everything that you want to sync to mobile me is checked

Customer :

Got it!

Omer Mushahwar :

everything you select here is what will sync to your phone with mobile me

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok so it it going through and now syncing with mobile me

Omer Mushahwar :

sorry should have said is it going through and now syncing?

Customer :

I can't tell. I've hit the appropriate button but nothing tells me anything is going on yet. I am used to seeing a little circle of arrows when the syncing happened in the past but nothing's showing yet.

Customer :

However, I do have a rather large data base...

Omer Mushahwar :

I hear ya one thing you can do is close down outlook and reopen it and see if that kicks off a sync of data

Customer :

Did that as you advised, will keep you posted. No immediate reaction though.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you go back to the mobile me control panel

Omer Mushahwar :

On the sync tab

Omer Mushahwar :

is sync with mobile me set to automatic

Customer :

Yes it is. Being impatient I clocked once again on the Sync now tab which then promptly turned grey. Are you ready to dmp me yet as a client???

Omer Mushahwar :

I was going to suggest hitting the sync now tab

Omer Mushahwar :

It should turn grey while it is syncing

Customer :

OH - that would be so nice...

Omer Mushahwar :

does it show that anything is syncing?

Omer Mushahwar :

or any kind of indication just curious

Customer :

My Mobile Me screen now shows totally white...

Customer :

It just turned grey and the little arrows are going around in cirlces.... YEAH

Omer Mushahwar :

:-)

Omer Mushahwar :

that is a good sign

Customer :

Sure is. I am now holding my breath that it will actually finish.

Omer Mushahwar :

Fingers Crossed

Customer :

Arms and legs tooo

Omer Mushahwar :

Should i take the silence as a good thing

Customer :

Up until now it seemed to be that way. I just now got an error message, which I have also seen before:

Omer Mushahwar :

can you tell me what the error is

Customer :

THE SYNC FAILED BECAUSE YOUR NETWORK IS DOWN OR MOBILEME IS PERFORMING MAINTANANCE.

Customer :

Note that I am NOTon a network and that I have trouble believing every time that I am trying to sync they are doing maintnance. Also, every time I plug in my phone all it seems to be interested in is downloading pictures. What's up with that. Sorry, I am grateful for your time and help but this is getting the better part of me.

Omer Mushahwar :

I assume you are working from home?

Omer Mushahwar :

Should say on a home computer

Omer Mushahwar :

?

Customer :

Yes I am

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you have any special firewalls turned on on your machine?

Customer :

Yes, but I have a pretty fancy, high powered HP desktop.

Customer :

I admit I don't know much about firewalls. A further complication, I will have to be gone for about half an hour starting in 25 minutes. How can I get back to you if we don't finish...

Omer Mushahwar :

You can always come back to the question http://www.justanswer.com/questions/468ux-i-am-having-significant-trouble-with-syncing-outlook-is-open with this link or by bookmarking the page

Omer Mushahwar :

when you post in the question if i am not here I will get an email and be online shortly after

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok one thing I would like you to try

Omer Mushahwar :

is to open your control panel click the windows icon then control panel

Omer Mushahwar :

1. Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type firewall, and then click Windows Firewall.

2. Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation.

3. Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click OK.

Omer Mushahwar :

once the firewall is off

Omer Mushahwar :

we will try the sync again

Omer Mushahwar :

what time of internet connection do you have at home?

Customer :

We're on fibreoptic cab le.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok

Omer Mushahwar :

So please try turning the firewall off then going into the mobile me control panel and selecting sync now

Customer :

I did that. But I must admit that it makes me very nervous to be without that protection. I think my computer guy here (who knows nothing about Apple, which is why you were "drafted") will have a few choice words to say to me. But let's see what happens.

Customer :

Nothing's going on. Shall I turn Outlook off and on again?

Omer Mushahwar :

Well go into the mobile me controll panel

Omer Mushahwar :

click on the sync tab

Omer Mushahwar :

and then click the sync now button as you did before

Omer Mushahwar :

We will turn the firewall back on in just a moment I just want to make sure its not what is blocking you

Omer Mushahwar :

It could also be a firewall or security settings in your home router blocking the ports mobile me needs to communicate with its online servers. But I wanted to rule out your computer first

Customer :

It's grey, and the circle is going around. We'll see what's next.

Omer Mushahwar :

Also by chance your computer isnt working wirelessly right now is it?

Customer :

No, it's wired. Always.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok just wanted to make sure

Omer Mushahwar :

Still syncing?

Customer :

Am getting the same error message as before while the thing is still going around in a circle. I have to leave now as well but will come back to this site (actually will leave it up and running) in no more than 20 minutes.

Omer Mushahwar :

the same cannot connect to the network message ?

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok if it says I am offline simply write a message here and I will be notified by email and should be back online shortly

Customer :

Guess WHAT??? It finished the sync and now shows actually today's date as the last date it was done. I haven't checked the phone yet to see if my test entries indeed are showing but so far it looks like it just might have happened.

Omer Mushahwar :

Awesome

Omer Mushahwar :

Now on the phone you may have to tell it to sync now

Customer :

Yes Indeed. YOU are good!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

I try :-)

Customer :

Now what do I do abouthat darned firewall????

Omer Mushahwar :

To turn it back on

Omer Mushahwar :

1. Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.

2. Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation.

3. Click On (recommended), and then click OK.

Omer Mushahwar :

These steps turn it on

Customer :

I can do that. But do I have to turn it off again every time I want to sync?

Omer Mushahwar :

You shouldnt have to

Customer :

So is that my fall-back position if the regular stuff doesn't work or is there something else I need to do?

Omer Mushahwar :

Fall back yeah it would be to turn off the firewall

Omer Mushahwar :

give me one second see what I can come up with

Customer :

I'll even let you have two seconds, \cause you saved me from the looney bin!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

what you need to do is allow a program to communicate through Windows Firewall the below steps are from Microsoft

2. In the left pane, click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]68.76971608832808[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]Left pane of Windows Firewall

3. Click Change settings. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation.

4. Select the check box next to the program you want to allow, select the network locations you want to allow communication on, and then click OK.

Omer Mushahwar :

sorry the picture didnt copy in to well

Omer Mushahwar :

but you should select the mobile me

Omer Mushahwar :

program

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me know if you have any questions about this

Omer Mushahwar :

this will basically allow mobile me to work through your firewall without being blocked

Customer :

I see an i-tunes option, not a mobile me option. Will take another look

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok one second

Customer :

I think I know what you are asking me to do. I need to find the MobilemeExe file and add it to the list of exceptions. Correct?

Omer Mushahwar :

Yes

Omer Mushahwar :

Once you have the exceptions you should be all set to sync

Customer :

ok. Will do. I thought I'd stuck that file into Downloads, but it's not there so I will go looking for it. Found it, Did IT!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

Nice

Customer :

I think you are done with me (for today anyway). I sure appreciate your help!!!!!! It's been a pleasure and I WILL BE BACK!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

Glad I could help

Omer Mushahwar :

if you feel we solved your problem please click accept so we may close the question

Customer :

YOU are a life saver!!! THank You!

Omer Mushahwar :

You are Welcome Thanks For Using Just Answer.com

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am still experiencing the same issues - the sync worked once, and never again since then. I am on a PC, Windows 7, Outlook 2010, iphone 3, fully up to date on itunes and mobileme (all reinstalled this morning). HELP!!!

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Have you tried turning off the windows 7 firewall to see if you can then sync again?

If you have a router in your home network it too has a firewall in it so if you have to disable your windows 7 firewall you should still be safe behind your routers firewall

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Omer - Yes I am BAAAAACK! Sorry. No, I did not turn the firewall back off because you had advised me last time you helped me to add itunes and mobileme to the exceptions. They are still there and checked. FYI - Last night the computer loaded itunes 4.1 and seemed to sync. However, the mobileme screen shows as it's most recent sync date 11/2/2010, which is the date you worked on it with me. It did not update any of the calendar information last night.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Ok now Itunes Shouldn't be syncing your phone to your outlook, mobile me should sync it all wirelessly what happens when you go into the mobileme control panel and tell it to sync by hitting the sync now button.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I was out. When I go to the MM control panel, calendars has a check mark, I hit sync now, it does the round wheel thing and then shows as the last sync date still Nov. 2, 1010.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

And this is with the firewall off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, the firewall is on, but mobileme and itunes are checked as exceptions.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Ok please try turning the firewall off while the exceptions maybe in place it maybe that the firewall still doesn't have enough ports open, just for testing purposes please try turning the firewall off and then hitting the sync now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do. Did that. Firewall is off, sync date still shows Nov. 2.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Ok so when you hit sync now with the firewall off what happens ?

Does it simply do nothing do you get an error message?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No error message. It looks like it is doing something (that wheel thing moves for a very brief period of time) and when it stops the date remains unchanged.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
And can you login on the mobile me website and see your information without an issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I can see the information which is on the iphone. However, it has no relationship with the stuff that's on my desktop which is where the most current info resides
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Ok what we may have to do is completely uninstall mobile me on the desktop then download a fresh install and install it then log in and setup the syncing again and you should be ok after that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did all that yesterday but will do so again. Do you also want me to shut the computer down again? What about the firewall?
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Leave the firewall off for now

Please do download just mobile me again and setup the syncing with your outlook.

You shouldn't need to restart but it never hurts to reboot after an uninstall and before a reinstall

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do. I will shut down and start back up and also will need to leave in an hour. We will somehow need to reconnect. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
No worries on the leaving whenever you get back simply post here and we can continue when you return I will be notified of your post and be back as soon as I can if I am not already online
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I uninstalled mobileme last night. turned off the computer. reinstalled mobile me. tried to sync with and without the firewall. Am still getting a date of Nov. 2 as the last sync. I also noticed that I now have 3 versions of my calendar - one on the PC (the most accurate one), one in the "cloud", and one on my phone.

Turned off the computer. Tried sync again with and without firewall this morning. Same result.

The phone is on. Not connected to the computer.

At this time I would be more than willing to let go of the mobileme function altogether if I could get my iphone to talk to my PC. I'll suffer with having to be connected by cord.

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

If you want to sync your phone with your computer straight all you need to do

Is plug your Iphone into your computer

Open Itunes

Click on the phone in itunes

Click on the info tab for the phone in itunes

Check the box next to sync calendar and select outlook

Do the same for contacts if you want

Then hit apply

And then sync your phone with Itunes.

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Also can you tell me the exact version of outlook 2010 you are using? Profession, Home and student, ....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. plugged in. itunes opens - there is NO tab for a phone, there is no listing of a phone on the left side. When I go to Preferences and then to Devices - still no phone.

Outlook box doesn't say. Bought it as a free-standing unit for about $120 2or 3 months ago.

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

When itunes opens you should on the left side of Itunes see your Phone

If your phone is not there it means your computer is not recognizing your iphone

Do you see anything on the left side of Itunes when your phone is plugged in that says devices?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, there is nothing on the left side that says Devices. The titles are Library, Store, Genius, Playlist. If I go in Edit, there is a tab DEVICES. It takes a long time to come up and the panel under it is blank. Does not show my phone.

I also have a confession to make. I have 3 computers - this one is still on XP, not as the others on Windows 7. Feel free to scream!!!!

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you can do you have itunes loaded on one of the other machines I just want to test to make sure the issue isn't with your phone, essentially I would like you to plug the phone into one of the other computers and see if you then see devices there with your phone on the left side of itunes.

Can you tell me what version of itunes you have running on the windows xp machine?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll load itunes now and then plug the phone in. I checked the XP version of itunes and did a "repair" function. It is v.10.0.1.22. The itunes exe file is still downloading on the other computer. The screen that says DEVICES on this on is still blank.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Devices shouldn't be under the preference you should see your phone in itunes like this

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know. But it is NOT there. My screen goes from Store to Shared to Genius. It does not list DEVICES.

Just plugged the phone into the other computer. First got announcement "Found New Hardware: digital still camera". Then got a quick error message saying something about not working properly. unplugged. plugged back in and am getting a drop down Apple iphone menu indicating that the camera is connected, asking me which program I'd like to use.

Note that this computer does not have OUTLOOK on it as I don't use it for calendaring. So do you want me to load it?

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Not right now, Close the iphone menu about which program to use.

The other computer you don't get devices either?

Also try different USB ports, though its possible it could be an issue with your iphone cable,

Edited by Omer Mushahwar on 11/12/2010 at 3:29 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the other computer I did not show Devices but got a message saying "could not connect because the iphone is locked with a passcode. You must enter the passcode on the iphone before it can be used with itunes." I entered the passcode and Devices shows up on the left hand side.

HOW DO I DEACTIVATE THE PASSCODE PERMANENTLY?

I am certainly going to try the same trick on the main computer.

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

To turn off a passcode on a phone you need to go to from the home screen and

Click on Settings

Click on General

Click on Pass code lock and turn it off

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's what I thought. But I can't turn anything off on that screen. It seems to me I need to reset the phone to its original setting. Agree? That is one of the options that is available to me on the second computer where I can actually not only see a phone listing on the left hand side but can also see the info on my actual phone. The sync still doesn't work even on that computer so maybe the problem all along has been with this darned iphone which I should NEVER have purchased in the first place.

Do you have any advice re: what smart phone to replace this thing with?

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Ok

Now if the issue is with the phone doing a restore will completely wipe everything off your phone apps everything. It does seem to be an issue with the phone since none of your machines seem to pick it up.

If you are serious about replacing it I have heard a lot of good things about the android phones, they work with gmail, and gmail has a pretty good syncing tool for outlook to sync all your calendar information and stuff.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No concern re: apps - don't use them. I really only need a decent phone with a good contacts and calendar system. Rarely using messaging, more frequently the camera. All have those functions.I am going to go ahead and do the restore and see if that fixes things. 16 minutes remaining and will need to leave shortly thereafter but will be back, misery t.b.c.

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Ok let me know how it goes after the restore

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will do
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Back. The iphone has been restored to original condition. As I told you, it is recognized in itunes on computer 2. Still no recognition on computer 1. The error message I justs got says "itunes could not connect to this iphone because an unknown error occurred (Ox800006B). HELP!!!
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Let me see what I can find on this specific error code it may have to do with the usb ports on the computer but let me do a little research just to confirm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have only 2 ports in the front and have tried both with the same non-result. Just FYI. I think I can make one available in the back - will check while you're checking but will not make any changes until I hear back from you with instructions.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Please try one of the back ports if you can the only thing I can find with that code seems to point to the USB ports but it's not very specific
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do and will get back to you a bit later.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
sounds good
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm back. Plugged into a USB port in the back the phone now shows on itunes. It does not seem to, however, pick up all the info on the calendar (I have a couple of test entries on the big computer) in spite of repeated instructions to sync. Should it not go through that process every time I hit the sync button at the bottom right of the itunes screeen?
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

If you click on the phone in itunes and go to the info tab that shows up when you click on the phone you have to turn on the calendar syncing my checking the box and then selecting outlook as what you are going to sync with then hit ok and click sync

You phone will auto sync every time it connects.

Also one thing to note if you have any meetings that repeat forever or past a certain amount of time iphone can get stuck syncing those because the iphone calendar cannot go that far into the future.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In limiting the options on the phone I have had to come to the conclusion that the phone picked up mobileme, not the desk top. The items I am missing are not repeating items, but single items - e.g. an MD appointment next week. So even though itunes recognizes the phone and the proper boxes under the info tab are checked (Calendar and Contacts) the phone is still not picking up the information.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
ok is the phone it self have mobileme setup on it?

If mobile me is not on it it shouldn't sync with mobile me

Also when you checked calendar and contacts did you make sure that your outlook program was the program listed as what to sync with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The phone does have mobileme set up on it. If I turn the mobileme option off I have no calendar entries at all.

When I checked calendar and contacts on itunes on the first screen when the phone shows only two boxes are checked: Open itunes, Manually Manage Music...

Under the next tag "Info" Sync Contacts with Outlook is checked. ALL CONTACTS is bullet marked. Also Sync Calendar with Outlook is checked. ALL CALENDARS is bullet marked.

NOthing is checked under Sync Mail Accounts.

When I push "sync" down in the right hand corner, the progress bar at the top moves and does its thing, but nothing changes on my phone.

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
OK in outlook please go to File and select Options. Now you will find Add-Ins listed on the left sidebar,

We want to see if the itunes addin is disabled or not you want to look for the itunes outlook addin and make sure its enabled and working
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

itunes addin is in the active category. So is mobileme. There are two other items in the active set: Microsoft Outlook Social Connecton and Outlook Change Notifier.

I am not sure how I would tst for whether or not either itunes or mobileme is "enabled or working". All I can tell you is that they are listed under active. Sorry.

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
thats where they should be just wanted to see if for some reason they were disabled.

the only other thing i would try would be then to go into itunes with your iphone plugged in
CLick on Edi
Click on preferences
Click on the device tab
Click reset sync history

Then try syncing the calendar to the phone again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did. Still nothing from the PC to the iphone. I am tired, and you must be tired of me and this situation. I am out of commission tomorrow. If you have another brain storm - PLEASE get in touch.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
I will see what I can find out