Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field

i use autodesk building systems 2006. I did something somehow

i use autodesk building systems 2006. I did something somehow that is now stopping me from highlighting more than one line at a time. I need to move a few lines over to the left 12". normally, i would click on the multiple lines to highlight, and than move as a group. right now, if I chick on one line and than click on the second line, i lose the highlight on the first line.

can you help me correct this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

I have a question if you press and hold the shift key while clicking on more than one line are you able to select multiple objects?

Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I had to step out of the chat so I switched the question to Q&A format

one thing to check to make sure you havent changed a setting is to

check options, selection, and make sure "use shift to add to selection" is not checked

Edited by Omer Mushahwar on 11/1/2010 at 3:00 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Omer,

Pressing and holding the shift key always works to do this task. My problem is that i should be able to just click on the objects without holding the shift key. I don't believe that I altered a preference but I may have. this happened once before, two years ago, I don't remember how I corrected the problem then,
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Preference can be altered by many different key combinations

Did you check options go to selection and make sure "use shift to add to selection" is not checked?

If this is checked than you will not be able to select multiple items without the shift key

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where would I find options? I do not see it anywhere?
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Should be in your options under tools

If its not there in the command window try this

Type pickadd

hit enter

when it asks you for a value type in 1 and hit enter and see if that works

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried this but I get no result. I cannot find the command line. It used to be on the bottom of the page of the drawing. I cannot find a way to get back to it. are you familiar with AutoCad? how do I get the command line to be visible again?
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Try pressing Crtl and 9 at the same time on your keyboard and let me know if that bring back the command line window for you or not
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
now we are getting somewhere. I am at the options selection page. "use Shift to add to selection" is not checked. What do we try next?
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Were you able to try the pickadd command in the command window
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have typed pickadd and than 1 when asked for the value but nothing is coming up on the screen now. It worked earlier and I was able to view an options screen. now I am not getting a response.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

once you enter 1 and hit enter try selecting multiple lines

that value of 1 turns on the multiple selection

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok. I got back into options. I turned off object grouping and than turned it back on. now i can highlight more than one line at a time without holding shift.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Perfect.

So is everything now working the way you wanted it to?