Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

How do I upload a podcast from my wordpress site to Itunes

How do I upload a podcast from my wordpress site to Itunes? Should I use a plugin or use Feedburner. Or both? Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 4 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the Experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

So you are looking to be able to place your podcast from your word press site into itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

Your question about whether to use a pluggin or feed burner is partially right essentially you will be using both

First thing you want on your word press is http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/podpress/

Omer Mushahwar :

After you’ve installed and activated the PodPress plugin, go to the settings page in your WordPress admin.

Go to the ‘Feed/iTunes Settings’ under the PodPress plugin menu in your sidebar. In there, you will find PodPress has automatically filled in several details like your feed URL and such. You need to enter details like your Podcast title and other details. Your main job here is to provide thumbnail images for display in the iTunes Podcast directory.

Omer Mushahwar :

This may already be in your word press blog but its something you should do if its not

Omer Mushahwar :

Next

Omer Mushahwar :

I’d highly suggest you burn your podcast feed using google feed burner his will let you analyze your traffic better than just feeding iTunes directly. To burn your feed, copy the feed URL from the ‘Feed/iTunes Settings’ window, and paste it into the Feedburner’s field. Check mark the “I’m a podcaster” option while you’re at it.

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me know if youve already done these pieces and I can skip ahead

Omer Mushahwar :

Feedburner and the pluggin makes your podcast ready for itunes essentially

Omer Mushahwar :

Once your podcast is ready and the link is setup correctly on wordpress for it to be accessed In the iTunes Store, navigate to Podcasts from the left sidebar. At the bottom left you will see a link to submit your podcast to iTunes. In the following window you need to specify your feed URL. Paste in the feed that Feedburner provides you with. After this you will be asked to specify your category, whether it is explicit and a few other details.

The iTunes staff will then review your podcast and accept or reject it based on their criteria. This can take up to 2 days. They will send you an email when your podcast is accepted or rejected from the store so you don’t have to keep checking.

Customer :

Thankyou so so much. I am very grateful for your advice - I have wasted hours and hours trying to find this information and you've supplied it in less than 10 minutes! Fantastic. And you've made it very easy to follow.

Omer Mushahwar :

:-)

Omer Mushahwar :

Im glad I could help

Omer Mushahwar :

that is what we are here for :-)

Customer :

I just wish I'd remembered to check here first days ago! Thankyou again!

Omer Mushahwar :

If you feel I have solved your question please click accept so that we may close the question out and I can be paid for my time by Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

You are welcome enjoy the rest of your weekend

Customer :

I'm going to click Accept now == I really appreciate your help. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Omer Mushahwar :

Thanks

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field