Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

My Cannon i860 simply stopped working. The status light blinks

My Cannon i860 simply stopped working. The status light blinks 5 times orange and then one green over and over. I've deleted all print jobs in queue and still no change. I've tried turning it off several times and have even reinstalled it and there is no change. Please help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 6 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

5 flashes indicates a faulty printhead or possibly a problem with the p/head contacts. Try removing the head which is easier if you take the cartridges out first(no tools required) and re-seat it having checked the contacts for dirt.

If that doesn't work it may be that the waste ink tank is full. Try this ...

1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.

Expert:  Omer replied 6 years ago.
Hi sorry I was having an issue with the chat so I switched the question to Q&A style

please let me know if you have any questions about the above steps
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried teh steps above three times and it still does not work... same thing 5 ornabge lights followed by once green. No change. please help.
Expert:  Omer replied 6 years ago.
Did you Try removing the head which is easier if you take the cartridges out first(no tools required) and re-seat it having checked the contacts for dirt.

To do this first take out the printer ink cartridges to get them out of your way take the printer head off and clean it then you want to reseat it back in position so its firmly in place and then try turning it back on without the cartridges in. If the XXXXX XXXXXghts are gone after this then you should be able to put your ink cartridges back in and run the alignment and be good to go.

Otherwise if the lights keep flashing you will need to order a replacement printer head for your canon printer as the part is malfunctioning
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I removed the head, cleaned it and turned it back on without the cartriges.... no change.

Just one more question: how can I be sure it is the printer head? Is that the only thing it could be at this point? If I buy a new head and that does not get the printer to work, then I bought a new ehad for nothing. How can I be sure this is the problem?
Expert:  Omer replied 6 years ago.
The error code you receive of the 5 flashing orange lights is what indicates the printer head as being the problem, the flashing lights all stand for something and this particular set you have given indicates a printer head issue based on Canons printer specs.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay ... thanks for your time.
Expert:  Omer replied 6 years ago.
You are more than welcome and thanks for using Just Answer.com