TonnyJonny
TonnyJonny, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor Degree
49010704

I need to unmerge a Yahoo/Att email account and ATT cant

Customer Question

I need to "unmerge" a Yahoo/Att email account and ATT can't do it because that account (the att account) has been closed for years
Category: Computer
Expert:  TonnyJonny replied 6 years ago.
Hello there!!
Thanks for your question and welcome to justanswer.com

Please follow as suggetsed here ->

You may transfer your data and preferences after the sub account is deleted, which occurs after 90 days of account suspension. If you attempt to log into the Yahoo! network (att.yahoo.com) using your AT&T Yahoo! ID and password XXXXX 90 days after deleting your sub account, you will be presented with the option of transferring your data and preferences to a new Yahoo! ID. After 100 days, any data and preferences will be deleted from AT&T Yahoo! ID.

Note:

It is important to understand that once you unmerge a Yahoo! ID from an AT&T Yahoo! Member ID or transfer the data and preferences from your AT&T Yahoo! Member ID to a new Yahoo! ID, you will not be able to remerge your Yahoo! ID with an AT&T Yahoo! Member ID.
http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=3…

Here is information on att.net cancelations.
After canceling your High Speed Internet service, you will receive complimentary Dial service for 60 days, which includes full access to your AT&T Yahoo! account. If you attempt to log into the Yahoo! network (att.yahoo.com) using your Yahoo! ID and password XXXXX 60 days, you will be given the option to create a new Yahoo! ID and transfer your AT&T Yahoo! Member ID's data and preferences to it. After 100 days, the data and preferences from your AT&T Yahoo! Member ID will be deleted.

Hope this will help you.

thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My account with ATT was acanceled years ago! The wireless service I have is comcast and has been for years - i simply want my YAHOO email unmerged from ATT
ok, you need to contact yahoo technical suppot team using this link

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/privacy/general.html

thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just want to get my money back at this point - I have been told by others that it can't be done.

ok, no issue

Actually, the amount charged is for the deposit made when the question was posted. It is still in your Just Answer account and was not paid out. You can check your account by logging into the Just Answer website and you will see the deposit listed.

thanks for using justanswer.com