Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

My MacBook indicates that I have several Trojan horses

Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 4 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

Could you tell me what OS you have on your Mac Book as well as what virus protection you have on the mac book

Customer :

Omer, I bought the mac Book for my wife in May. I'm a PC person, but the message about the virus is a windows alert. I can't download the remedy.

Customer :

I had surgery Friday and I can't find the paper work that came with the computer.

Omer Mushahwar :

The virus alert did it come up on the MacBook?

Customer :

yes

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you have the mac book in front of you

Omer Mushahwar :

Did the virus alert come up in a web page?

Customer :

yes, I'm using it

Customer :

under safari

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok click on the apple in the top left corner and select about this mac

Omer Mushahwar :

it should tell you the version

Customer :

Mac OS X

Omer Mushahwar :

should say a number like 10.4. something or 10.5. something or 10.6. something

Customer :

Version 10.6.4

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok now the virus alert may have simply been a bogus pop up that tried to install something on your machine, as it happens on the PC side of things

Omer Mushahwar :

however one thing you can try is installing http://macscan.securemac.com/ once installed updated it

Omer Mushahwar :

and then let it scan your mac for viruses this will give you a better and safe result of if you actually have anything on your machine

Customer :

I've seen these on my pc, but this was hard to get off the Mac. Need I worry about this?

Omer Mushahwar :

To be safer than sorry I would download macscan in the link above and run it on the mac book

Omer Mushahwar :

but again please run the update in macscan to get the latest definitions after its installed before you scan

Customer :

are you going to stay with me?

Omer Mushahwar :

yep I will be here

Customer :

Do I need to purchase this or is there a free download?

Omer Mushahwar :

If you click download there is a free trial

Customer :

Are you there?

Omer Mushahwar :

Yeah I am here

Omer Mushahwar :

Click download in the top menu

Omer Mushahwar :

then on the download screen one of the options is download free trial

Omer Mushahwar :

you want to use that

Customer :

thanks

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field