Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant

My Toshiba laptops in built mouse doesnt work properly; it

Customer Question

My Toshiba laptop's in built mouse doesn't work properly; it can move but it can't click on anything. For that reason I bought a new mouse a Logitech mouse to use for my USB port. The problem is that it only works when it wants to. How do I remedy this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony Brewster replied 6 years ago.

Hello, what type of laptop is this?

Example: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 (Laptop)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is a Toshiba Laptop with Satellite internet access.

Look on the bottom of your laptop and tell me what model it is so I have something to do on...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's a Toshiba Satellite U305-S7446

Thanks! The first thing you need to do is remove the new mouse you go and lets go back to the touchpad for now.

Download the most up-2-date BIOS from Toshiba using the link below...

BIOS - 5.10

Version 5.10 - 2009-02-18

• Per new spec., copy the BIOS password XXXXX EEPROM and compare the password XXXXX between CMOS and EEPROM at POST time. If the value is different, the BIOS will copy the EEPROM value to CMOS.

Version 5.00 - 2008-12-05

• Improved: The Touch Pad intermittently does not work.
  • Improved: The Battery LED does not work after powering on the PC in battery mode, attaching the AC Adapter, and then rebooting.
  • Improved: The operating system does not start if the volume control is adjusted while the PC is booting.

Then restart the computer. After this is done, please download and install the most up-2-date drivers directly from Synaptics using the link below.

Download the 64bit and install that. When you download and run it, the first thing it will do is remove/uninstall the old driver. Restart the computer and run this software again to install the latest one.

Also, make sure you download (all) the Windows Updates including Optional Updates and restart the pc. After all this you should be ok.