Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Why cant i get into my pof account

Why cant i get into my pof account
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

To help you, I need to ask some background questions.. Such as.

What version of windows do you have on yoru computer.. and also..

What browser do you use to view the internet,, internet explorer. mozilla firefox?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just dont know... My friend intalled it for me this past june 2010, so it must be the most recent windows...

And I use internet explorer

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Ok, when you start your computer, do you know if it says..

windows xp

windows vista

or windows 7?

if your not sure, simply restart your computer , and then watch the screen!

to get back to me to report what you find, do the following.

Come back to Justanswer.com

On the top right, click login. use the same email address you used to ask this question.

Once logged in.

On the top right click on my questions. And you will see our question listed there.

Simply click our question, and send me a response!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Allright, i will be standing by.. Just sending this message so you have something to reply to after you find out what version of windows you have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi,,,

It's windowsxp

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
excellent..
now, when you click on something to start your internet..

the icon, is it a blue e like this?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Or does it look different?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no it looks like a square with four colors on it
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
right click that square.. left click properties,

click the tab for shortcut,, then for target location,, tell me exactly what it says..

thanks..

( were almost ready to start fixing, i just have to make sure of what im fixing is all!)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
oops sorry yes it does look like what you first had.. I'm so sorry I know nothing about computers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
No need to apologize, Thats what you came here for was help.. And I am here to provide it!

Ok..

Consider this only a first step, it may work to fix the issue, it may not. No matter how many steps we try together, you will only be charged once!

click start, click run, type in inetcpl.cpl

then on the options screen that comes up, click advanced, then click reset under reset settings, then click reset again..

then when it finishes.. close and reopen internet explorer..

now try to log into your PoF account again.. any luck?

If my answer helped, please click accept and leave some feedback!

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I can't get in still.... How can I find out if plenty of fish has deleated my account?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
they probably deleted you because you use internet explorer.. It happens a lot.

It says the same thing below on their support page

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8925426.aspx#8925438

to get around this.. only use mozilla to go to plenty of fish, never use internet explorer.

You can download Mozilla from the link below

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html

once downloaded, run the file to install it.. once installed.

use mozilla, and go to plenty of fish,, you may have to create a new account..

But it wont get deleted with mozilla, ( well as long as you dont break a lot of rules)

Please click accept
to show I have assisted you

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thankyou so much for all your help... one more question before I go.... If I got booted off plently of fish for what ever reason using my computer.. Can I use someone elses computer to put on a new profile? Is my computer their link to finding out its me in otherwords? Or how else do they find me??

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
They normally find you by ip address..

As long as you only use mozilla though, and not not use internet explorer.

You shouldnt run into that issue any more.

PoF does not like internet explorer. as stated on the support link I sent you.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry but what is ip address?

And I did download mozilla and opened another account..on pof

The ip is my last question.. ok?

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Got you..

Think of ip address.. like a phone number for your computer..

Well,, more closely , a phone number for your internet modem.

Just like a phone number, your ip address identifies to the rest of the internet, where to " call" your computer at.

Sometimes, PoF will block you by ip address,, but I seriously doubt that is what happened here.

most likely, after accessing the site with internet explorer enough, it deemed you to be a security risk, and deleted your account.

Dont ask me why exactly it does so, but theres a long history of it.

Most PoF users eventually switch to firefox, of leave PoF because they get tired of it deleting their profiles..

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok,,, and thanks again for all your help..

And if you want to check me out on pof..... unless they boot me off for good.... my name on their is spicycougar..... and I will put my pictures on their tomorrow sometime..... Bye!!!!

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
ok, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX check you out and make sure your profile is still active!!

if your happy with the help you received, please click accept.. thanks!
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller