Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

This question is about my ipod. A friend loaned me a couple

This question is about my ipod. A friend loaned me a couple of audio CDs which contained seminars and sermons. He thought I could put it on my ipod and listen to it in the car and also copy it onto a memory stick for him. I see it on my 'itunes library' but I can't seem to synch it over to my ipod (what format do I use)? And I can't seem to transfer it to a memory stick either. I don't use this very often and I've been working on it for 2 or 3 hours and am quite frustrated. I've had success in the past on your website.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com
please plug your ipod into your computer
It should then appear in Itunes
Click on the ipod when it appears in the Itunes program
You should then see a number of tabs on the display side of the screen
One should read music Click that

Depending on how your syncing is setup either by selection or entire library if its entire library it should then sync the new music/files to your ipod

If its by selection you will have to click on the songs in the list so they are selected to sync

Once you do that hit the sync button and it should put the music files onto your ipod

Customer :

ok, I will do that. Are these kind of audio files considered the same as music?

Omer Mushahwar :

To copy the songs to a memory stick Right click on a song you want in itunes and select show in windows explorer it should then open the folder containing the song file you can then in explorer copy it to the memory stick

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi yes they are put into the same file type as music files

Customer :

ok, it worked to put the files on my ipod! I had to do it as a 'manual' synch' so I lost all my other stuff but that's ok because I'll just download the whole think again later. Now I will try to put it in the memory stick.

Customer :

thing

Omer Mushahwar :

Sounds good let me know how the copying works

Customer :

I right-clicked on the playlist that contains all the files and it gave an option of "open in new window' which I did but then it didn't give me an option to copy.

Omer Mushahwar :

did it open it in explorer so you see the individual files?

Customer :

It opens in another itunes window and I can 'select all' and then 'copy' but I'm not sure where to go from there

Omer Mushahwar :

now open in new window just opens the playlist in another itunes window

Customer :

right

Omer Mushahwar :

thats not what we want

Omer Mushahwar :

however in that new window

Omer Mushahwar :

you opened in itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

right click on one song and say show in explorer

Omer Mushahwar :

then copy the song file to your memory card

Omer Mushahwar :

now if the songs/audio files came from the same album theres a chance they are all in the same folder

Omer Mushahwar :

which would make it easier for you :-)

Customer :

trying it

Omer Mushahwar :

ok

Customer :

ok, thanks it seems to work. Now, when I give this memory stick back to him and he puts it in his computer, will it work, will he be able to hear the files?

Omer Mushahwar :

yep he should be able to play them in any player that plays the file format since you used Itunes it would be best if he used Itunes to play them but most audio players can play the files

Customer :

ok, Thanks Omer. I'll have to save this conversation for next time!

Omer Mushahwar :

sounds good

Omer Mushahwar :

if you feel we have solved your problem click accept so we can close the question and I get paid by just answer.com for my time

Omer Mushahwar :

thanks again for using Just Answer.com