AMIT
AMIT, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE, A+, Computer Sciences Degree
32064791

I need a standard out of office message for the whole company

Customer Question

I need a standard out of office message for the whole company (120 users)
We use Outlook 2007.
looking for a neat solution. Regards, glomen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.

setting up a default out of office reply for the whole company can be done using the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.

You can find a guide on how to activate this feature at the following page:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/06/429115.aspx

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Assuming you are using POP accounts, instead of Exchange server, the following are the steps to set up an out of office reply in Outlook:

First, define an automatic reply template, as follows:

1. Open a new Outlook message.
  2. On the Options tab, click Plain Text.
  3. Type the information that you want to have in your reply message.
  4. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.
  5. In the Save As dialog box, click to select the Outlook Template check box in the Save as type list.
  6. Type a name for your reply template in the File name box, and then click Save.

Next, define a rule to send an automatic reply, as follows:

1. On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
  2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button on the E-mail Rules tab.
  3. In the Rules Wizard under Start from a blank rule, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.
  4. Under Which condition(s) do you want to check?, click to select the Sent Only To Me check box or any other check box that you want, and then click Next.
  5. Under What do you want to do with the message?, click to select the Reply using a specific template check box.
  6. Under Step 2: Edit the Rule Description, click the underlined phrase a specific template.
  7. In the Select A Reply Template dialog box, click the template that you saved in step 6 of the "How to Define an Automatic Reply Template" section, and then click Open.
  8. Complete the Rules Wizard instructions, click Finish, and then click OK.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is not the solution I am looking for. You find it all over googling, anyway.

i need a template which goes in the standard "Out of Office Asisstant" field, see picture below.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
I see. Now, do you have the Microsoft Exchange Server service in your Outlook profile?

Regards
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks a lot for selecting justanswer. Here is some examples for an out of office message.

I will be out of the office from ____ until ____. I'll be checking email _______(once a week, every day, etc)________, but will have limited ability to respond. If you need immediate assistance or information about the (question/issue), please contact (delegate’s name, e-mail address, phone number). Thank you for understanding.

You can include a list of names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers corresponding to the different products/services they handle.

For example:

• Advertising inquiries, please contact advertisingmail@company.com
  • Billing inquiries, please contact billingmail@company.com
Regards
Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jello Rath

Yes, we do have an Exchange Server "Exhange 2003"

Regards, Roman

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Have you enabled the Out of Office setup in your Outlook program, following these steps:

1. On the Tools menu, click Out of Office Assistant.
  2. In the Out of Office Assistant dialog box, click I am currently Out of the Office.
  3. In the AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text box, type the message that you want to send while you are out of the office.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have 120 users using Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server2003.

We want use a an Out Office Message which complies with our Corporate Idendity Branding.
So all users should use kind of same template text. How can we deploy a template text which goes in the Out of Office message as shown in the reply from yesterday.

We can not use rules with a template for answering out of office.

Regards, Roman

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
If I understand correctly, you know how to setup the Out of Office Assistant, but are simply looking for examples of a neat Out of Office message to use?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello

Yes we do know how to setup Out of Office Message.

What we do not know is how to deploy automatically to all users the same text into the Out of Office Message, so everybody will use exactly the same body text.

Regards, Roman

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Well, I'm not sure if there's any automated way to deploy and use the same message for all users, without configuring it manually for each user, but maybe that's because I'm not as conversant with Exchange Servers. What I'll do now is to opt out, and let the other experts take a shot at it. Thanks!

Regards
Expert:  AMIT replied 3 years ago.

use a tool like MFCMAPI to manage OOF settings for a given user.

under the cli:

To view the MailboxAutoReply configuration of a particular user, use the following command:

Get-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration jeff

To set the message for all users:

If you want to change a user's OOF message, you need to export the ExternalMessage or InternalMessage, edit it in your favorite HTML editor, and import the new message back in. Here's how you do that:

$x = Get-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration jeff
$x.ExternalMessage | Out-File oof.txt

If you want to get jeffs already set OOF message use what is above, if it is another user change jeff to the user.

Edit the HTML in the exported oof.txt file, and then run the following commands to import it:

$oof = Get-Content oof.txt
Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration -ExternalMessage $oof
AMIT, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE, A+, Computer Sciences Degree