Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

I have an assignment to do and I need help with MS Access creating

I have an assignment to do and I need help with MS Access creating a database. I'll appreciate it if anyone can help me. I did the database and I need help to create relationships and to create a query I have the database n everything.

The database can be obtained here:

http://www.webdownloads.us/week_7_lab_database.mdb
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the Experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

What is it that you need help with exactly?

Customer :

2. Create one-to-many relationships between the employee table and the password, installed software, and department tables. Use the primary keys in each table to create the required relationships.

3. Add five records to the employee table. Employee numbers must be in the range from 1 to 5. This will allow the records in the employee table to be related to the data contained in the other tables.

4. Create a query that displays each employee's first name, last name and password.

Customer :

Thats what I need to do.

Omer Mushahwar :

was there a 1

Customer :

Yea but I completed it would you want to see 1?

Omer Mushahwar :

or is that what you did with creating the database

Customer :

Yes.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok the first issue i saw was you were trying to hit tblemployees when your table is named tblemployee

Customer :

Oh what do you mean by that?

Omer Mushahwar :

your queries didnt work because the name of your table wasnt tblemployees

Customer :

Add to a table to the database called tblEmployee. The table will include the following fields: First Name (text), Last Name (text), Middle Name (text), Hire Date (date), Department Number (number) and Employee Number (auto number). The primary key will be the Employee Number field.

Customer :

That was number 1.

Omer Mushahwar :

it was table employee just looking at the database now

Customer :

Oh.

Customer :

So I named it incorrectly?

Omer Mushahwar :

this will take some time

Customer :

Okay.

Omer Mushahwar :

hi yes

Omer Mushahwar :

thatws all

Omer Mushahwar :

thats the one error i saw in the creation

Omer Mushahwar :

so far

Omer Mushahwar :

still looking through it

Customer :

Okay thank you for the issue.

Omer Mushahwar :

can you type in all of 1. so I can see it

Omer Mushahwar :

thanks

Customer :

1. Add to a table to the database called tblEmployee. The table will include the following fields: First Name (text), Last Name (text), Middle Name (text), Hire Date (date), Department Number (number) and Employee Number (auto number). The primary key will be the Employee Number field.

Omer Mushahwar :

thanks

Customer :

You're welcome.

Omer Mushahwar :

Did you create all these tables

Omer Mushahwar :

or just the employee one

Customer :

The employee one. The teacher told us to use this database.

Omer Mushahwar :

ok

Customer :

Is everything okay with the rest of the tables?

Omer Mushahwar :

So far looking through some stuff one second

Customer :

Okay.

Omer Mushahwar :

Just finished number 2 going through the questions shouldnt take too much longer

Omer Mushahwar :

Are there any specific Employees your suppose to add to the table?

Customer :

No.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok

Customer :

Btw is this chatting thing a new thing to JustAnswer? I've never seen it before or used it.

Omer Mushahwar :

Yeah

Omer Mushahwar :

its been added over the last month or two

Omer Mushahwar :

it was in beta testing for a little while

Customer :

Its a lot easier than waiting for a reply.

Omer Mushahwar :

Yeah its a lot easier on this end too

Omer Mushahwar :

makes interaction a lot better

Customer :

Yes it does.

Omer Mushahwar :

you should be able to download the file here

Omer Mushahwar :

and it should contain everything you need

Omer Mushahwar :

If its an issue with the table being named Employees instead of Employee let me know

Omer Mushahwar :

I can adjust it and fix whatever

Customer :

Can you rename the data to something else like Week 7 Lab or something?

Customer :

database*

Omer Mushahwar :

You mean just rename the file?

Customer :

Yea.

Omer Mushahwar :

You should be able to simply do that by write clicking the file and renaming it

Omer Mushahwar :

The contents of the file arent affected by the name of it

Customer :

Oh yea nvm I did that. Thank you so much!

Omer Mushahwar :

Your welcome

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was wondering if you know a lot about Visual Basic programming because tomorrow I need to do homework with questinos and was wondering if you can help me tomorrow which I'll ask a new question to you so you can gt paid. That'll help me.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

While I do know some visual Basic programming I am not yet a verified expert in the program fields on the Just Answer.com site and therefore cannot answer the questions.

However when you do post it another one of our great experts I am sure will be able to help you just as quickly