Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Have worked with computers in a corporate environment for 7 years.

how can I reset the default settings for my mail

Category: Computer
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 3 years ago.
I can help you with this. Have you changed your aol password XXXXX all? Now is it not sending from apple mail or from the aol program?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I haven't changed my password XXXXX all. It's not sending from the apple mail.
OK, thank you for the information. First thing to do would be to remove the aol mail that is in your mail app. You can do this by going to mail > preferences and click on accounts tab, click on the aol account and click the "-" button. After it's deleted you will want to click the plus button. Then follow these steps.

In the Full Name: box, enter your name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing e-mail (for example, Gabby Grace).
In the Email Address: box, enter your AOL/AIM e-mail address (for example,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX).
In the Incoming mail server: box, type imap.aim.com or imap.aol.com depending on type of account.
In the Account Type: box, select IMAP.
In the User Name: box, enter your AOL/AIM screen name (for example, GabbyGrace).
In the Password: box, enter the password XXXXX your AOL/AIM account.
In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): box, type smtp.aim.com or smtp.aol.com.
Click the OK button.
When you are prompted for your password, enter the password XXXXX your AOL/AIM account.
Click the OK button.
Configure a New E-mail Account in Mail.app

If you have previously used Mail.app, you can set up a new e-mail account for your current information.
To configure a new e-mail account in Mail.app:
Double-click the Mail application icon in the Applications folder or click it in the Dock.
Click the Mail menu, then click Preferences.
In the Mail Preferences window, click the Accounts tab.
Click the Create Account button.
In the Account Type: box, select IMAP.
In the Description: box, enter a description for the mailbox. (for example, GabbyGrace, AOL E-mail).
In the Email Address: box, enter your AOL e-mail address (for example,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX).
In the Incoming Server: box, type imap.aol.com
In the User Name: box, enter your AOL screen name (for example, GabbyGrace).
In the Password: box, enter the password XXXXX your AOL account.
In the Outgoing Server: box, enter: smtp.aol.com.
Click the Use authentication when sending mail box to put a check mark in it.
In the SMTP User: box, enter your AOL screen name (for example, GabbyGrace).
In the SMTP Password: box, enter the password XXXXX your AOL account.
Click on the Account Options tab.
Ensure the Enable this Account and the Include this account when checking for new mail boxes are checked.
In the Message Caching: box, click Cache all messages locally.
In the Connect to server using port: box, change the number to 587.
Click the OK button.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where do I find the "-" button?
When your in the accounts tab in the mail prefs, it's close to the bottom left hand corner.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I did this but, I don't see and OK button. Now what do I do?
ok. just close the pref window, it will ask if you want to save click yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think it might be working. I've sent an e-mail to myself but, it is taking longer for me to receive it. Do you think it would help if I restarted my computer?
you would not need to restart.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, thank you very much. At least it's working now. I appreciate your help.
donna
Glad to hear it 's working. Please remember to click accept so i can get paid. Thank you and have a good day.
Experience: Have worked with computers in a corporate environment for 7 years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OH, one more thing? Sorry!! They had to reset my password XXXXX just answer and I need to reset it. Could you please tell me how to do that? Thanks
You can do that by clicking on my account in the upper right hand corner of the page.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I'll be glad to hit the accept button.