Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

can I logon and appear offline

can I logon and appear offline?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess replied 6 years ago.
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

What chatting software are you using?

If you are using Yahoo Messenger:
If you want to "stealth" yourself to those persons, right click on the persons' name and click Stealth setting to "Available" to these persons only while you appear normally "Online" to others.

Please click the ACCEPT button to accept my answer. I will be glad to assist you further should you need more help.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It's on the plentyoffish dating website... the IM environment is within their program. It was while I was trying to find the answer on their site that they sent me to you. I assumed you were the helpdesk for their website, I didn't realize you are a seperate entity.... it really should be specified better within their site what role you play. If you can't answer this question specifically because you are not part of their site, then I think I don't want to pay....

Expert:  Jess replied 6 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I am not affiliated in any way to PlentyOfFish.com. We answer questions and get paid when answers are accepted.

In PlentyOfFish site, if you want to appear offline all the time, go to EDIT your profile. At the top of the page you will see an option that will allow you to hide your whole profile.

If you want to appear online, but not receive any instant messages, you go into your mail settings and in the very first section you will see there is a check box that will allow you to say no to instant messages.

However, even if you have set your profile to hidden, those who already have added you to their Favorites can track your Online Status.

For more info about this, please click the link below:
Hiding and Being Invisible

Please click the ACCEPT button to accept my answer. I will be glad to help you should you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jess