Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How do I type a document on Windows 7

How do I type a document on Windows 7?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 6 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Do you have MS Office installed on your system, by any chance?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NO...I don;t think so. I just purchased this computer and it was already programed Windows 7.
Expert:  Barun replied 6 years ago.
I see. If you want a basic text editor, you may go to Start > Accessories, and open up either Notepad or Wordpad (advanced form of Notepad) to type in a document. However, if you want a full-feature software package for viewing and editing documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc., I would suggest you to download a freeware program, OpenOffice - for Windows - as follows:
http://tinyurl.com/2dcb95g

Just click on the link, then click Run/Save in the download window that comes up. Install the same, and you should be good to go.

You may go ahead with a MS Office purchase as well, which works with most of the document and other related formats. You may purchase the Home and Student version of Office 2010 for $149.99, and compare prices with other versions, using the following link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/office-2010-which-suite-is-right-for-you-FX101825640.aspx

Hope it helps; let me know if you have any questions!

Regards