Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I need to see if mcafee is blocking a program called p3dpythonw.exe.

Customer Question

I need to see if mcafee is blocking a program called p3dpythonw.exe. If it is, I need to unblock it. How do I do it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sibu replied 6 years ago.

Sibu :

Hello, Welcome To JustAnswer Thanks & Regards Sibu

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

Hi Sibu, what do I do?

Sibu :

when you disable mcafee can you open that programs >

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

I'll try that now. Give me a minute...

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

Do I have to uninstall it to disable mcafee?

Sibu :

yes

Sibu :

no , right click the mcafee icon at the bottom right portion of screen

Sibu :

and disable

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

I tried it but got the same error code.

Sibu :

then mcafee is not blocking the program

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

What else can I do to see why this program isn't working?

Sibu :
  • Click the "Start" icon or word tab on the computer's taskbar at the top or bottom of the screen.

• 2

Go to the "Control Panel" tab folder within the "Start" menu list options.

• 3

Change the view of the "Control Panel" thumbnail images and icons by clicking the "Control Panel Home" viewing option in the upper left corner of the screen.

• 4

Select "Security" folder when the "Control Panel" view shifts to the suggested home view.

• 5

Choose the "Allow a Program through Windows Firewall" option, which will be listed under the Windows Firewall settings when the Security folder opens.

• 6

Click the "Continue" action to bypass the User Account Control pop-up window.

• 7

Scroll through the list of installed programs in the table that will appear in the pop-up dialog window. Check the box to the left of your program once you have located it in the list.

• 8

Select the "Add Program" option below the table, and click "OK" to confirm your settings and changes.

• Read more: How to Unblock Mcafee | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5697846_unblock-mcafee.html#ixzz11vOlMxrU
    JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

Can't find the "Control Panel Home" option. The security option I have is "Security Center". Is that the same thing?

Sibu :

yes

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

I don't see the option to "allow a program through windows firewall". I looked under the Windows Firewall settings but that option does not exist. Is there another way?

Sibu :

no

Sibu :

open windows firewall

Sibu :

click on Exception

Sibu :

click on add program

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

Okay... done. Now what?

Sibu :

Then add the program which is being blocked

Sibu :

and add that

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

Done. I'm testing it now by trying to log back into the site.

Sibu :

k

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

Still no good. I got the same error code. The program I'm trying to get into is Toontown. Have you seen this before?

Sibu :

no

Sibu :

I will open this to other experts to help you

JACUSTOMER-py7abesm- :

Thanks.

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 6 years ago.

Since you have McAfee, it's the McAfee security (not windows firewall) that is blocking the program p3dpythonw.exe. Open your McAfee program located near the bottom right of your computer, then look for the option Firewall or Internet and Network, or something similar, then look through the option to see which programs are enabled/disabled. You can add any program to enable/disable it. In this case, you can add the program p3dpythonw.exe and enable/allow it to run.

Please click on Accept if my answer has helped you.

Thanks,
    -Viet
    Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    The options I have when I click on McAfee are Updates, Scan, Quick Links, Change Settings, Verify Subscription, Customer Support.. Which of those will work?
    Try Change Settings, and look around to see if there is option to allow programs. If you cannot find it, please tell me your full McAfee program name and version.

Thanks,
    -Viet
    Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    I looked but didn't see anything. I have McAfee Security Center. Couldn't find the version.
    Please click here for instructions to allow programs through McAfee Security Center, or just see below:

• 1

Click the "Start" button on your taskbar.

• 2

Click the "Programs" option for Windows XP user, Vista and Windows 7 users click the "All Programs" option.

• 3

Select the "Network Associates" folder.

• 4

Click the "VirusScan Console."

• 5

Double-click "Unwanted Programs Policy." The Unwanted Programs Policy window opens.

• 6

Select the "Detection" tab.

• 7

Uncheck any checkboxes for categories of programs that you wish to allow access to your computer.

• 8

Press the "Apply" button.

• To exclude a specific program follow these steps:
  • In the Unwanted Programs Policy window click the "Exclusions..." window.
  • Click the "Add..." button.
  • Click the "Browse..." button.
  • Select a specific program from the list in which you would like to exclude.
  • Click the "OK" button.

• Thanks,
    -Viet
    Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    Network Associates isn't listed as an option under All Programs. Is there a step missing?
    Maybe you have an old McAfee program. Let me open your question to other computer experts. Thanks.