Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Hi, My name is Jack. At startup, the ODDPWR and e Power Tray

Hi, My name is Jack. At startup, the ODDPWR and e Power Tray pops up saying it has stopped working. How can I correcct this?
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Are you using an Acer?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes An Acer Enspire 4810
Okay. Now, please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features; do you see an Acer ePower Management listing present in the list of installed programs?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't find ePowerManagement, I see Acer Power Smart
Okay. And do you see an Acer Optical Drive Management listing as well?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I don't. Acer website says this problem is located in%AcerOpticalDrivePowerManagement. I couldn't find it either.
Okay. Now, please go to Start and type in msconfig in the Search box, and press ENTER. In the System Configuration window that comes up, click on the Startup tab, then uncheck (disable) any reference to Acer listed. Rest assured, none of the entries listed, are critical for the functioning of your system, but are only third-party applications.

Done that, hit Apply, restart and check if this resolves your issue all right.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi,Sorry for thr delay. The ePower did not pop up, but the ODDPWR still does
I see. Was there any reference to Optical Drive Management listed in MSCONFIG?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don,t think so, I'm going to try again

Sure, just let me know if there's any reference that seems related to the ODDPWR error you are getting, and I'll take a look at it.

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found the Optical an disabled it . At startup neither pop up came up. Maybe the problem has been corrected, I hope. I spent 5 hours yesterday with a technician who I thought had the problem fixed. Obviously it wasn't. If you will agree I would like to wait a couple of days to make sure the problems fixed before I click the accept button. Sincerely, Jack
Sure, take your time!

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem seems corrected. Please see previous message and reply, Thanks
Sure, you may wait and check if the issue recurs once again, and let me know later on. Just add this page to your Favorites, so that you can get back to me later on.

Regards