Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I can not enter picasa.I get a box that says error. cblockfile

Customer Question

I can not enter picasa.I get a box that says error. cblockfile:: restore err-2,albums_index,db when i click on okay i get another box from picasa face data needs to be updated. this will remove and rescan all of your faces,
I have no idea what this means, i tried a system restore to no effect. HELP PLEASE Thanks Paul
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Josh :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you

Josh :

Please download the latest version of Picasa at: http://picasa.google.com/

Josh :

If you have anymore questions please respond back otherwise press ACCEPT

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I downloaded and am able to get on picasa Howver about 80 % of my pictures are not there. Please advise
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
In Picasa

Click Tools -> Folder Manager menu choice in Picasa and make sure that you have all the folders where your photos live set to "Scan Always"

Close out of Picassa and re-open. The file should scan into Picassa

Edited by Josh on 10/8/2010 at 8:51 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have done the above twice and still just the pictures that were there, the others are still missing.Paul
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Check the files in Picasa to see if they are marked with a red X indicating not to scan.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there are 2 - my documents and c;/ i opend all the files in both of them and there are no pictures
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
In Picasa:

Check the Folder Manager, accessible from the Tools menu. An eye next to your folder means that Picasa is watching it for changes. If you see a red X, or a green checkmark, select the 'Scan Always' option to watch the folder.

If that does not solve your problem please try this website and follow the 9 steps:
http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32690

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Josh. I feel like i have been screwed. My Picasa was on auto. updates and i should have known about the new one. Just Answers ad says dont pay until satisfied, but they have already taken it from my acct.

I still dont have 80 % of my pictures, and none of the ideas offered help. So mabe we both been screwed. Paul

Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Paul,

Did you follow my instructions above including the website with 9 steps to recovering files?

Just Answers puts a "Good Faith" hold on your funds until you press ACCEPT it is not released.