Sibu
Sibu, Support Specialist
Experience:  BTech(IT)

I laptop has a virus and now my computer wont turn on. Well

I laptop has a virus and now my computer won't turn on. Well it turns on but I have a blank screen. what do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you get anything at all on the screen or is it absolutely blank when you start it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i turn it on it is a black screen with a cursor in the upper left corner. I hit ctrl alt del then it seems as if it will start back up then i hit f2 then it takes me to system setup (i think that's what it is called) if I exit that it goes back to the black screen.

Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.

Welcome To JustAnswer

REstart the computer and press F8 repetdly and enter SAFE mode and let me know

Thanks & Regards

Sibu
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it did nothing then beeped at me.
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
OK

Restart the computer and press F2 or DELETE to enter BIOS setup

and there in Boot Option>>Boot device priority change first boot device as Hard disk
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
now it won't even let me it just beeps loudly at me.
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
OK

Please try to enter BIOS setup and let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how it just beeps at me. I tried to turn it off then f2 when it looked like it was going to restart and it didn't it just went back to the black screen and beeped.
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
ok

if its beeping
then
remove the back cover and remove the RAM and reinsert correctly

and then power ON
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay I just got to setup utility now what
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
ok
enter BIOS setup

and then save and exit
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am in boot priority order but it doesn't give me the option to change anything. and I see nothing with hard disk on this screen
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
chnage first boot device as hard disk

after selecting the option
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

boot priority order goes as follows:

1. IDE2:

2. IDEO: HITACHI

3. IDE1: TSST Corp

4. USB FDD:

5. NETWORK BOOT

6. USB HDD:

7. USB CDROM

I don't see hard disk

Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
ok that look fine

now restart the computer ...

and let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that is exactly what it was nothing has changes. I have turned this computer on/off it still is not working.
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
OK then the operating system is corrupt and needs reinstalltion from windows disk
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I didn't have any kind of disk when I got the laptop.
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
what is the laptop model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there ar 2 codes on the bottom of the computer

1. S/N:LXPGU02109943261541601

2. SNID: XXXXXXXXXXX /p>

Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
please tell me full model number with brand name ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is an Acer computer

Aspire 5732Z-4234

I think that's the model number

Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
yes

Restart the computer and press ALT + F10 to start recovery if that wont worked then

goto below link and order recovery disc

https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

and use that to do recovery
Sibu, Support Specialist
Experience: BTech(IT)