Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My shift buttons wont work. I have to use the cap lock key

My shift buttons won't work. I have to use the 'cap lock' key to capitalize. help, please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

- When did you buy this computer and since when are you facing this issue

- Did this problem begun after you installed/removed some software/hardware

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it began after my video card was replaced.
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Click START > Type osk.exe in search box and press enter.

A keyboard will open up on screen. Using mouse type those keys on screen that are giving you trouble.

Let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THE SHIFT KEYS WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE ON SCREEN KEYBOARD
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
Hello

I just want to know if the SHIFT key works on the OSK or not ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
YES IT DOES WORK. IS THERE A SOULTION TO FIX IT WITHOUT USING THE ON SCREEN KEYBOARD
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
Hi

In that case its a hardware problem with laptop keypad.

Buy a Compressed Air bottle and blow air under all the keys. Mostly there is some dust / paper / garbage stuck under the keys.

If blowing air doesnt help, you will have to very carefully pull out all the keys (youtube has videos on how to do that) and then clean up there using air. Then plug in the keys again and see it works.

If it does not work then you will have to replace the keypad (google and buy it online and get it replaced by a local repair shop).

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to acknowledge my answer.

(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANKS ANDY! I WILL TRY THIS.