Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 8+ years experience as IT Support
15320265

internet explorer security keeps popping up with a warning

internet explorer security keeps popping up with a warning that skype is trying to open a program outside of protected mode, I click on do not allow but the warning keeps popping up and will not go away and it freezes my computer. How can stop this cycle.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting with your question.

Ok, please close all IE windows first and then go to Start and type in cmd in the search bar. Right-click on it, and click 'run as administrator'. Then copy and paste the following command (instead of typing):
regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll (Note: make sure that there is single space before /u and before "c:\...")

Restart IE and check if you still face the same issue..