Nimman
Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Many years experience. Diploma In Computer Engineering. CCNA , CCNP
50152118

My Xbox 360 will not powerup the adaptor is flashing amber

My Xbox 360 will not powerup the adaptor is flashing amber when plugged into the xbox however when it is not plugged into the xbox is just glows amber can anyone help please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Nimman :

Hello sir

Nimman :

I think your Adapter is showing Orange Light flashing

Customer :

yes when it is plugged into the xbox it flashes orange when normally it just stays lit without flashing, however when you unplug it from the xbox it doesn't flash

Nimman :

Are you sure that your power supply are free to ventilate?

Customer :

yes there is not obstruction

Nimman :

You tried reconnecting the power supplY?

Customer :

yes i have unplugged the plug and replugged back in and even have tried to plug into a different electrical socket

Nimman :

Is it turned ON for a long time?

Customer :

do you mean is the adaptor or xbox? The xbox is always powered off however the adaptor is usually left plugged in

Nimman :

Orange Light may occur due to overheating.

Nimman :

• Make sure to leave plenty room around the Xbox 360 Power Supply when setting up your system. If the external air vents are not blocked the power supplys two internal fans can draw in the maximuim air flow.

• If you can place the Power Supply in a place away from other sources of heat.

• Do not be tempted to stack other electrical devices on top of the power supply unit, this will defenitly raise the tempiture of the unit.Avoid placing the unit on thick carpet, try keeping it on a solid surface.

Customer :

The orange light is always on when on standby but when the xbox powers up it will then turn green, but it is flashing when plugged into xbox and xbox will not power up

Nimman :

The Orange light flashing means there is no problem with your Xbox console . Remove the power supply form the wall outlet and turn it after some time.

Nimman :

The problem is with your adaptor

Customer :

ok i'll try turning back on later

Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
A flashing orange or yellow light means that your console is fine but instead there is something wrong with your power supply. It means that it’s not getting enough power for some reason.

This basically means that the console doesn’t detect the AV pack.

Here’s how to fix the problem:
1. Unplug the power supply from your Xbox 360 (the console on the back)
2. Also unplug the power cord from where it connects to the wall outlet
3. Unplug the power cord from the Xbox 360 power supply. The actual brick power supply.
4. Wait 5 minutes
5. Reconnect everything one-by-one and double-check that it’s a snug fit
6. Also try plugging it into another wall outlet
7. Plug it directly to the wall outlet without and extension cords or power strips.

This should fix the problem. If it still gets the orange or yellow flashing light, try it again. If you get the same result than something is wrong with your Xbox power supply. Contact Xbox 360 customer support to get a new power supply. Good thing it’s not the actual console itself.

If you have the warranty then it will help you to replace the power brick free of cost.

Best of Luck sir.

Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: Many years experience. Diploma In Computer Engineering. CCNA , CCNP