RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science
14124282

In the bottom right hand corner of my screen is a partial ad

In the bottom right hand corner of my screen is a partial ad box for "upgrade to Dell DataSafe something or other...... I can't use my computer while that ad box there, and naturally I tried to remove it but where I must have to click is not showing XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  RPI Solutions replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

If you don't need the program you should be able to uninstall it.

Robert Preston :

If you're on XP, go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and find Dell DataSafe in the list and remove it

Robert Preston :

If you're on Vista or Windows 7, go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program and find Dell DataSafe and remove it

Customer :

thats the problem, it's not a program but an advertisement FOR updating Dell DataSafe. I am now able to use my computer only by downsizing the page size.

Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

If there's an ad there, then there must be a program running that is displaying that ad

Robert Preston :

A Dell program

Robert Preston :

So check what I said and see what you can find

Robert Preston :

The only other possibility would be that it's malware displaying it but I can't see malware displaying an ad for a Dell program

Robert Preston :

What version of Windows is it?

Customer :

ok can't get at it the ad is hiding functions I would need

Robert Preston :

Once again

Robert Preston :

What version of Windows do you have?

Robert Preston :

And I don't understand, are you saying the AD is preventing you from accessing the Start Menu?

Customer :

I'm on a different computer right now. I can't run the page up and down, the ad is covering the "up and down slide"

Robert Preston :

Sorry this is getting a bit frustrating

Robert Preston :

Can you please tell me what version of Windows it has?

Robert Preston :

So I can help you?

Robert Preston :

I need to know

Customer :

I got in there, I have 3 choices

Customer :

dell data safe local backup

Customer :

dell datasafe local backup support software, dell datasafe online. Which one should I remove?

Robert Preston :

take out dell datasafe

Robert Preston :

actually

Robert Preston :

remove both

Robert Preston :

then restart

Robert Preston :

and it should go away

Customer :

I figured dell datasafe online was a good bet. I removed it and the ad went away, thanks

RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience: 5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science