Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

How do I get Google to remember my password I checked the

How do I get Google to remember my password? I checked the remember my password XXXXX but it always brings up a former password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Jess :

Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

Jess :

Ok, only your web browser can remember a password XXXXX this is the procedure to do it

Customer :

Hi, can I tell you more about what I'm trying to get done?

Jess :

Ok, please

Customer :

I don't know if I've explained the problem or not. Anyway, since I've changed passwords, when I ty to sign in the browser presents the old password XXXXX does not present the new one. After I type in the new password, I get in ok.

Jess :

Ok I understand now.

Jess :

Basically, when you click the "remember my password" in the website you are in, if you already changed your password, firefox will prompt you to change the stored password XXXXX well. Did you notice that prompt at the top?

Customer :

No, I haven't seen that. Should i go through another password XXXXX? (so I can save it), or is there another way?

Jess :

ok please....

Jess :

but wait,

Jess :

we can just clear all your passwords in that browser and start storing new ones, how does that sound?

Customer :

OK

Jess :

Click on Tools menu => Options

Customer :

ok. done

Jess :

Then click the "Security" tab

Jess :

under the "Password" group, click the "Saved passwords" button

Customer :

Done

Jess :

then there you will see your saved passwords in particular sites

Customer :

ok

Jess :

you can delete them to start a new one

Customer :

ok, and then save?

Jess :

yeah

Jess :

Now when you enter a password XXXXX "click" the "remember my password", then your new password XXXXX be stored now.

Customer :

I'll go back through them, but i did't see one for G-mail. Am I missing something?

Customer :

I found it and removed it. Now I need to reset a new one and save it, right?

Jess :

yes please

Customer :

Ok, Thanks.

Jess :

Ok, thank you for using JustAnswer. Please click the ACCEPT button if the problem is now solved.

Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oops, now it seems as if I've lost google on the above mentioned password XXXXX I guess when i removed the password, I removed the web address as well. I don't know how to get that back. Can you help with that?
Expert:  Jess replied 3 years ago.
Ok. The password XXXXX in your Mozilla FIrefox browser is automatically filled in or stored by the browser itself.

When you go to any website with the "Remember my password" check mark ticked, when you continue the login, a notification message will appear at the top asking you to "Remember" it. Once you click the "Remember" it will store the info in that "Saved password XXXXX".

Other options in the "notification message" are: "Never for this site", "Now now"... and "Remember".

Thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist