Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

How do I remove Quick Tabs

Customer Question

How do I remove Quick Tabs?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Qin Xia :

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer!

Qin Xia :

I will help you on this

Qin Xia :

Are you trying to remove Quick Tabs in your internet browser? If yes, do you have IE or Firefox?

Qin Xia :

Let me know, thanks

Qin Xia :

Try this, let me know if this is what you wanted

Qin Xia :

1. In IE, click on the "Tools" button in the toolbar, selecting "Internet Options".

2. When the "Internet Options" dialog box appears, select the "General" tab.

3. Next to "Tabs", click the "Settings" button.

4. The "Tabbed Browsing Settings" dialog box will appear. Uncheck "Enable Quick Tabs" as desired.

5. Click "OK" to close the dialog boxes.

6. Restart Internet Explorer 7 for the change to take effect.

Qin Xia :

Thanks

Qin Xia :

If this is not what you want, please let me know more details about your question

Customer :

Quicken NOT on internet.

Qin Xia :

Give me a minute

Qin Xia :

Hello

Qin Xia :

On the left side of your Quicken window, there should be a list of the Quick tabs that are open. Try to right-click on them with your right mouse button, and then click on "Close All Quick Tabs".

Qin Xia :

Let me know if it works

Customer :

Just a long list of Register Reports at left. Right click does nothing

Customer :

Quicken 2002 used for basic formats

Customer :

Quick Tabs seem to have been added

Qin Xia :

Qin Xia :

That are "too many quick tabs" mean, I think

Qin Xia :

Can you close some of them, I guess it reach the limit open them one time

Qin Xia :

Let me know if it works

Customer :

How do I find quick tabs? I have been trying to find some to close

Qin Xia :

Can you give a try to follow this?

Customer :

Follow what?

Qin Xia :

1. Exit Quicken, and then restart your computer.

2. Restart Quicken. If the error still show up, On the taskbar, right-click Quicken and choose Move.

Qin Xia :

Let me know if it works

Customer :

Have started computer and Quicken. Still can't print report.

Customer :

Don't find MOVE on screen

Qin Xia :

Ca you try one more time

Customer :

have done

Qin Xia :

Look at the bar on the left of your Quicken window, you will see sub headings there.
    right click and select close all tabs

If still not working, let me know

Qin Xia :

If still not working, let me know your operating system, is it windows xp or vista or windows 7

Customer :

windows xp

Qin Xia :

Give a try to increase some virtual memory

Qin Xia :

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.

2. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance click Settings.

3. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Virtual memory click Change.

4. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.

5. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type a new paging file size in megabytes (MB) in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box that is much larger, and then click Set.

6. Click OK to close the dialog box and apply changes.

Qin Xia :

"The too many quick tabs" error means that there is not enough resource.

Qin Xia :

See if it works when we increase the virtual memory

Qin Xia :

If still not working, I will opt out. Just let me know. Thanks.

Customer :

sorry answer not anywhere near OK

Qin Xia :

I will opt out. Good luck!

Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 years ago.

what is the actual problem ? it seems that you can close the quick tabs so what are you trying to do when the problem occurs.

while i will try to solve the problem for you please understand that 2002 is a very old version of quicken. it has not been supported for some time. the answer may very well be that you need to purchase a newer version of quicken

when software is not supported it means that if an operating system is upgraded ( and xp will do this automatically ) if the old quicken has a problem with the xp upgrade quicken will not bother to fix it.

if it worked recently you can try doing a system restore. this will not affect your data but it will put the programs and registry information back to the way they were on the date you choose for the restore

start menu / accessories / system tools / system restore
    select restore to an earlier date

you will get a calander with various restore points for each day

choose one for a date BEFORE the problem started

hit the ok /restore button

the system will start to shut itself down and a blue status line will come up in a box saying restoring your system settings.

when it finishes the system will restart itself.

hopefully everything will work the way it did on the date you selected