Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field

Switch to windows 7 and cant sync photos to iPhone. Outlook

Switch to windows 7 and can't sync photo's to iPhone. Outlook looks!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

can you please tell me what version of itunes you are running

Omer Mushahwar :

Has syncing photos with Itunes worked in the past? Or has it not worked since you started using windows 7

Customer :

The latest i think. It was one of the fixes I tried,uninstall and install new version. Yes it worked in the past with XP. Stopped working when Windows 7 installed

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok Plug your iphone in

Omer Mushahwar :

to your computer and open itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

Click on your phone in itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

then click on the photo tab in the list of tabs that shows on the phone

Omer Mushahwar :

Is the Box next to Sync Photos from Checked?

Customer :

YES

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you have it set to all folders or selected folders?

Omer Mushahwar :

Also what is Sync Photos from Set to?

Customer :

selected

Omer Mushahwar :

and the folders in the lower window have check marks next to them too ?

Customer :

My Pictures

Customer :

yes

Omer Mushahwar :

Full Size Image

Omer Mushahwar :

So it looks like this good ok heres what I want you to try Uncheck the sync photos and then hit apply and sync

Omer Mushahwar :

Once that is done

Omer Mushahwar :

Check it again and hit apply and sync and let me know how it goes

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me know how it goes

Customer :

Only aske for one photo to be synced to save time. It just kept grinding ........no good

Omer Mushahwar :

It still shows as syncing or its not syncing?

Customer :

It still shows it is syncing "photos" after syncing Outlook. My efforts to fix this problem has indicated that this problem is somewhat endemic and has been around since 2009. I can't believe you have not seen this before!!

Omer Mushahwar :

Ive seen these issues before Just trying to cover all the basis

Omer Mushahwar :

have you done a Windows 7 file check?

Omer Mushahwar :

If you havent heres what you need to do

Customer :

ok

Omer Mushahwar :

Close itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

Click windows Icon

Omer Mushahwar :

Click all programs

Omer Mushahwar :

click accessories

Omer Mushahwar :

right click on command prompt and say run as administrator

Omer Mushahwar :

In the command prompt type SFC /SCANNOW there is a space between C and /

Omer Mushahwar :

Hit enter

Omer Mushahwar :

windows 7 should then check the whole file system to make sure there isnt corruption

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me know once this is done and the results of the scan

Omer Mushahwar :

Also is the machine 32bit or 64 bit

Customer :

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Omer Mushahwar :

Thats good

Customer :

32 bit

Omer Mushahwar :

One thing I would like you to try is to select a different fold to sync photos with as it might be a permisions issue with the one being used.

Omer Mushahwar :

In itunes underselected folders place in a new folder uncheck the other folder and check the new one

Customer :

I have done that . No difference

Omer Mushahwar :

Also how much free space is available on your iphoone

Omer Mushahwar :

ok just wanted ot make sure

Omer Mushahwar :

What OS is on your Iphone if you click on settings general about what does it say under version

Customer :

over 2gig

Customer :

3.1.3(7E18)

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok have you tried deleting the ipod photo folder that is created when you sync your phone? IS that the folder you are syncing with

Omer Mushahwar :

It should be recreated when you sync next time

Omer Mushahwar :

do that with itunes closed

Omer Mushahwar :

and then reopen itunes and try syncing

Customer :

I dont understand"folder that is created"

Omer Mushahwar :

If you open your My Pictures do you see a folder call My Ipod

Customer :

OK

Omer Mushahwar :

make sure you dont have pictures in it and delete it or simply rename it to something else with Itunes closed

Omer Mushahwar :

then open Itunes and try syncing photos again and it should be recreated

Omer Mushahwar :

Also can you tell me the name of the folder you sync with in itunes?

Customer :

ipod photo cache

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok find that folder and delete it, now what I want you to try is making a folder called photos On your C Drive then in itunes tell it to sync with that folder instead of the ipod photo cache and then sync and let me know the results

Omer Mushahwar :

You basically have to search for Ipod photo cache and delete these caches out of the photo folders they are what causes the problems with syncing So if you have multiple folders you sync with you will have to delete out multiple ipod photo cache folders

Omer Mushahwar :

if you only sync with one you only have to do it once

Omer Mushahwar :

If you found them all when you go to sync the pictures it will give you a pop up saying that the phone is synced with another library and ask if you want to replace it, just say yes!

Omer Mushahwar :

The reason I asked you to make a new folder would be to avoid having to go through all your picture folders looking for this cache folder

Omer Mushahwar :

try that and let me know if it works

Omer Mushahwar :

Please give this a try I have to step away from my computer for about 20 minutes or so I will be back on shortly after

Omer Mushahwar :

If you post in the chat I will get an email that you have so I can read what you write thanks

Customer :

Getting rid of the ipod photo cache was the solution. Thanks for you help

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field