Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field

My personal password for my gmail account does not work...What

My personal password XXXXX my gmail account does not work...What can I do??? I really need to get into my e-mail. I did not change my password XXXXX don't know why it does not work.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here at Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

It is possible that your account has been compromised

Omer Mushahwar :

please visit this site

Omer Mushahwar :

you need to click the Visit this page hyper link

Omer Mushahwar :

and fill out the form

Omer Mushahwar :

once you do it can take up to 24 hours for google to reset your password XXXXX send you a new one

Omer Mushahwar :

Please let me know if you have any questions

Customer :

my computer won't open it

Customer :

Is this the website above

Customer :

my computer won't open it

Customer :

Is this the website above

Customer :

do i go one the site first or hit accept first

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok one second

Omer Mushahwar :

First go to the site and fill out the form

Omer Mushahwar :

if you feel ive answered your question you can hit accept and I will get paid for my time by Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

So you cannot open the link about

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you tell me what internet browser you are using?

Customer :

internet exployer wont open the site

Customer :

exployer

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you know what version of internet explorer you are using? You can find out by clicking help and about internet explorer

Customer :

no im on business computer

Omer Mushahwar :

Its possible a pop blocker is blocking it if you open a new explorer window please copy and paste the address above into the address bar and hit enter

Omer Mushahwar :

Try this site

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry I meant to type in this one http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=50270

Omer Mushahwar :

click on this link here

Omer Mushahwar :

click you cannot sign in

Omer Mushahwar :

It should ask you to fill out the account recovery form

Omer Mushahwar :

Under describe the problem you are expirenceing please make sure to select I believe someone has taken over my account

Omer Mushahwar :

Also make sure to fill in the alternate email address in the form so they have somewhere to send you the reset password

Customer :

Ive done this already and I still can't get in

Omer Mushahwar :

Once you complete the form Google takes about 24 hours to do the password XXXXX

Omer Mushahwar :

they will then send you a new password XXXXX the email that you put in the form

Omer Mushahwar :

Unfortunately there is No way to speed up the process to get he password XXXXX

Customer :

now it is saying sing on to g-mail and hit settings then change your password XXXXX I can't even get in

Omer Mushahwar :

You got an email from google with a new password?

Customer :

no it says your account has been compromised but go to g-mail and hit settings and change your password XXXXX I tried this already.

Omer Mushahwar :

go to gmail.com

Omer Mushahwar :

click cannot access your account under password

Omer Mushahwar :

next to more questions click try these trouble shooting tips

Omer Mushahwar :

When you try to log in does google accept your username just not the password?

Omer Mushahwar :

If you click forgot password

Omer Mushahwar :

and type in your username does it recognize it as valid

Customer :

yes it accepts my username but not password..

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok When you do forgot password

Omer Mushahwar :

It should ask just for your username

Omer Mushahwar :

Type that in

Omer Mushahwar :

Then it asks you to type the word in the box

Omer Mushahwar :

When you get to that point if you have no access then it will ask you to fill the same form out you already did

Omer Mushahwar :

if you have only recently submited the form

Omer Mushahwar :

Google states it takes a minimum of 24 hours for them to reset the account for you

Omer Mushahwar :

Unfortunately being that this is Just Answer.com (a paid global support site) We have no direct contact with google that could speed up this process for you

Customer :

I did this earlier and it came back saying they need more information and wouldn't reset my password XXXXX is why i called you guys. everything you said i have already done

Omer Mushahwar :

Where you able to give them the information they needed?

Omer Mushahwar :

They normally ask for a verification code to make sure you are who you say you are

Omer Mushahwar :

Unfortunately as we are not google we cannot assist in reseting accounts other than providing the information on how to do it. This link here http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=183733 gives you all the ways you can do an account recovery and it seems you have done pretty much all of them

Customer :

How do I get them to ask a verification code..When would they ask that at what point.

Omer Mushahwar :

Every time you submit the form for password XXXXX it is independently reviewed by someone

Omer Mushahwar :

From the link i posted here is an exerpt

If you try the recovery exam and aren't successful on the first try, you can try again. Make sure to wait until you receive our reply to submit another report. Important: Try to provide as much information as possible on each attempt. Each submission is evaluated independently.

Customer :

is there someone i can call because google is no help.

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field