Baisil
Baisil, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering
33546542

ok, i;m back. how do you fix canon mp250 printer that shows

Customer Question

ok, i;m back. how do you fix canon mp250 printer that shows E02 error code?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Baisil replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Baisil :

Hi

Customer :

now what?

Baisil :

When onwards this problem started

Customer :

haven't been able to use the printer for about 2 weeks

Baisil :

ok

Baisil :

Did you done something on your system or printer after which the problem started

Customer :

nope

Customer :

it was working fine, then it started grabbing only the right side of the paper.

Baisil :

ok

Customer :

do you know what the code E02 means?

Baisil :

Did you refilled the printer or done anything like that

Customer :

refilled with paper? yes.

Customer :

do you know what the code means?

Baisil :

.Start checking for the missing instrument may be either cartridge or the cartridges not put in the right position.Check also whether the holder is in the right position and it is worked on properly.Refill the cartridge if the ink is over and also that the printer is misused.Fill the ink properly by using the reset button.

Baisil :

Please don’t forget to click ACCEPT so i can be get paid for my work..

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer :

ok.

Customer :

not yet; have to see if it works

Baisil :

ok...try that

Baisil :

Also check there is enough paper in the printer

Customer :

everything was in place. this is a brand new printer; we've had it for about a month. no misuse as i am the only one who was using it. no heavy duty printing jobs; just copies and printing a page at a time from the computer.

Customer :

ink is brand new. the problem is the feed. paper is not feeding properly.

Customer :

plenty of paper. not over- nor underloaded

Customer :

do you know what the code stands for?

Baisil :

E2-2 No paper (ASF)

Customer :

the code i am getting is E02

Baisil :

1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting formenu selection)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)
The number of the Reset
button pressing
LED Function Remarks

0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset
procedures below.
5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting
procedures below.
6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
11 times Orange Button / LCD checking
12 or more times Returns to a menu selection

that's all

maybe it can fix your problem

Customer :

holy smokes!

Customer :

ok, i'll see

Customer :

i've read the options 1-12. which one is supposed to help with the printer??

Baisil :

is there any light showing

Customer :

something with the feed. it mangles the paper.

Baisil :

pull out the paper and install it correctly

Customer :

it IS installed correctly. i am sorry but none of this is helping.

Baisil :

usually this error occurs when the paper is not properly loaded or the ink catridges is not inserted properly