Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

Why cant I open my hotmail account to check my email

Why can't I open my hotmail account to check my email?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Customer :

Thank you. Why can't I open my hotmail.com account

ITTechQ&A :

Hello...your issue can be related to a few things, either internet explorer issue, virus/malware or maybe even password XXXXX We will take the proper troubleshooting steps to find the solution.

Customer :

Wonderful. So what do we do?

ITTechQ&A :

First, we will need to download a few free programs that will help us find a solution. Please open another session in your web browser and go to ninite.com when you reach the site please download select the following programs.

ITTechQ&A :

Select firefox, ccleaner & malwarebytes then click get installer. This site is great because it will download and install these programs for you and let you know when done.

ITTechQ&A :

Please let me know when you have completed this step so we can continue.

Customer :

Ok it's downloading, but my kaspersky anti virus is saying it us suspicious activity

Customer :

Ok it is all downloaded.

ITTechQ&A :

Ok, Kaspersky is a good anti-virus it one in which I recommend. However, sometimes things slip through the cracks and the virus protection will not remove it and sometimes not even pick it up.

Customer :

I ran it again and allowed the malwarebytes.

ITTechQ&A :

No anti-virus is 100% but some are better then others. But I must say Kaspersky is a defitnitely a good one and highly rated.

ITTechQ&A :

ok

ITTechQ&A :

did the programs finishing downloading and installing?

Customer :

yes they are done.

ITTechQ&A :

ok great, first let's try firefox. It is another web browser like internet explorer except faster and more secure. Locate the icon on the desktop and open then try and access the hotmail account.

Customer :

Yes! That worked. I had to change my password XXXXX origional one wouldn't work.

Customer :

So do I now just use firefox to check my hotmail? And what am I suppossed to do with the ccleaner and the malwarebytes?

ITTechQ&A :

Ccleaner cleans your system of junk its a very good utility to remove junk/temp off your system. You can open the program and run cleaner it will show all the areas it removes junk from.

ITTechQ&A :

Malwarebytes you can also run as a 2nd scan just to make sure kapersky is picking up everything. Just open the program click on the update tab to check for updates. Then click on scanner tab and do a quick scan. I would run ccleaner 1st because it helps the scan go faster w/o having to scan the junk files in the system.

ITTechQ&A :

Also I would recommend using Firefox it's a more secure and faster browser. However if you like you can just use for hotmail.

ITTechQ&A :

Or you can download the windows live mail program. Instead of accessing hotmail through the web interface you would have the program to open your mail.

ITTechQ&A :

You can download it from here :

ITTechQ&A :

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail

ITTechQ&A :

just copy and paste into web browser

ITTechQ&A :

do you have any other questions?

Customer :

I am good. Thank you very much. Very Helpful.

ITTechQ&A :

no problem, I am very glad I could assist you with your issue. Accepting my answer and positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cris, Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.