John P
John P, Information Systems Architect
Experience:  13+ Years of Cutting Edge Systems Engineering, Consulting (Fortune 100 and SMB), and Architecture
23766825

my microsoft word, word pad, note pad keeps printing in the

my microsoft word, word pad, note pad keeps printing in the middle of the page even after i change the settings from landscape to portrait and also change the indentation, the header. No matter what i do it still prints in the middle of the page.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John P replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
John P :

Please tell me what printer you are using, and we'll get started.

Customer :

hp photo smart 8050

Customer :

are you there?

John P :

yes

John P :

I'm here, sorry for the delay, chat froze on me.

Customer :

ok

John P :

And you are using Windows XP correct?

Customer :

correct

John P :

Great, give me a moment.

John P :

I'm looking through possible problems. Have you updated your drivers recently?

Customer :

no I dont think I know how

John P :

Okay, let's try to download a driver from the hp page and see if that solves the issue. I'll post a link.

John P :

Give that a shot, download and install it.

Customer :

ok

John P :

It may not solve the problem, and you may have it installed already, but it's worth a first pass try.

John P :

Also, please let me know what version of Microsoft Word you are using, while it downloads the software.

John P :

When you have the drivers downloaded and installed, click on the Start menu in the lower left of your screen, select Control Panel, and choose Printers and Faxes. Right click on your printer to delete it, then click on the option on the left hand pane to add a new printer. Use the wizard to select your HP printer.

Customer :

I'm not sure i know what you mean. Ive used microsoft word, word pad, and notepad.

John P :

Don't worry about the version of Word as I wanted to do a test, but I think I'll be okay without it.

Customer :

ok I'm jotting down instructions hang on.

John P :

You got it. Take your time.

Customer :

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer

John P :

okay great. Test print a page, and tell me what happens please.

Customer :

I did and it looks ok

John P :

Great, so the problem is solved?

Customer :

I hope so I will go to start menu and try again how do i get ahold of you if it doesn't work?

John P :

You can post back to this thread even after you accept the answer.

John P :

If it's another issue completely that you need help with, you can always request me by putting my name in the Subject line of the question.

Customer :

ok thank you!

John P :

You are welcome. Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday!

John P :

Positive feedback is always appreciated.

John P, Information Systems Architect
Experience: 13+ Years of Cutting Edge Systems Engineering, Consulting (Fortune 100 and SMB), and Architecture