Ms Techie
Ms Techie, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology, 3 + Years of Experience in Software Industry
27764894

I am getting the No Input is Detected on S-Video using my laptop

I am getting the No Input is Detected on S-Video using my laptop and a HItachi CP-RS55 projector. How can I solve this please. It used to work but I ahve had my lapatop reformatted and I can't remember how to configure this to do a slide show
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ms Techie replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Aarchie :

Hello There! Welcome Here, I am Aarchie a Just Answer Computer Expert will be assisting you to solve your issue right now.

Aarchie :

Please reply once you are ready to chat

Aarchie :

Also please do tell me the Make and ?model of your Laptop

Customer :

Dell Inspiron 6000 running windows xp

Aarchie :

Thats alright. Thanks for responding.

Customer :

ok - any suggestions ?

Aarchie :

Yes, please wait for few second

Customer :

Hi

Customer :

I appear to have solved the problem by pressing the rgb button on the machine's control but now I have my desktop projected but not the slide show which I have running

Aarchie :

?????please then do press the Function key where a screen picture is drawn at the key

Aarchie :

????Did you done that?

Customer :

I can't see a function key with a screen picture on

Aarchie :

this usually involves pressing of Function key Fn key

Aarchie :

can you see

Aarchie :

In most cases there is a graphic of what look like a television screen on the correct F keys situated at top

Customer :

Hi I pressed Fn and a key called CRT/LCD and the display was projected but my laptop screen went black I got the laptop back by pressing the same two keys again

Aarchie :

press that along with Function key (Fn)

Aarchie :

Just push on that several times until you get the configuration you want.
Try
Function +(F7)

Aarchie :

I mean display on both screens

Aarchie :

On Dell Fn+F8 turns on the SVGA port and it displays on both the laptop and external display. A second Fn+F8 turns off the laptop display a third Fn+F8 returns it to laptop only.

Customer :

Fn + F7 does nothing. When I do the Fn+F8 ig et a brief picture comes up with the three options - laptop, both or projector but I can't seem to get it to display on both.

Customer :

Ok I will try that - wait a moment

Aarchie :

Customer :

Hi This is working right. I now have my desktop projected but not the Just answer screen I am typing into. Do I need to change a setting in Control Panel - Display?

Aarchie :

this will do.... a display at both screen on second hit of Fn + F8 key just hit the key's combination after few seconds gap

Aarchie :

No just simply maximise the JA window

Customer :

I have tried that but it still isnt working

Aarchie :

hi

Aarchie :

sorry suddenly... i was out of touch due to some reasons

Aarchie :

hello are you there?

Customer :

Yes still here

Aarchie :

Turn off the screen saver using the Display Properties dialog box. Just right-click the Desktop, click Properties, click the Screen Saver tab, select None from the drop-down box, and then click OK

Customer :

Ok Done that

Aarchie :

Well, the problem you are saying for that you just need to press the video-switching key (F8+Fn) multiple times to enable the display from both the projector and the laptop. But really it should work.

Aarchie :

Also try enabling external video output with a key combination, such as CTRL-ALT-F10. If the above do not work

Aarchie :

Also navigate to the Screen Saver tab of the Display Properties dialog box, click Power, select Presentation (With Projector) from the Power Schemes drop box, and then click OK

Aarchie :

So, did you tried all?

Customer :

Hold on I am trying it now

Aarchie :

ok, no problem

Customer :

Hi Still no luck I can get it projected but the laptop screen is black.

Aarchie :

Do one thing, just mark this page as bookmark by clicking Ctrl+D so that we could be connected. Then restart your Laptop. And also the projector. Then freshly start both. And perform the key combination hit for the perfect result. And get back to me with the results. Good Luck

Aarchie :

Please ask if left with any doubt

Customer :

Ok I will try that now thanksfor help so far

Aarchie :

your most welcome

Aarchie :

:)

Aarchie :

hello

Customer :

Hi Sorry had to go and answer the phone. Any more thoughts on this

Aarchie :

Means things did not worked

Aarchie :

?

Aarchie :

still getting display on either one of screen?

Customer :

Yes. Now I can't seem to get anything but the desktop projected - not even this page on the proector only

Aarchie :

hit the Advanced button in Display Properties/Settings tab and toggle the 1/2 switches of the monitor and panel under the ATi Displays tab.

Aarchie :

?????????Also right click on dektop -

Aarchie :

Properties->Settings tab and place your screen resolution 1024X 768

Aarchie :

Just try this soon

?????????Also right click on dektop - Properties->Settings tab and place your screen resolution 1024X 768
It must work

Customer :

I have changed the resolution to 1024 x 768. Now the two displays options in ATi Displays have two buttons below them but they aren't active.

Aarchie :

If using your laptop’s toggle keystrokes and the projector’s RGB button does not solve the problem, check to see if Windows has detected the projector.

To do this, open the Windows Control Panel by clicking on the Start button, then Control Panel.

Double-click on the Displays icon in the Control Panel.

In the Displays window, click on the Settings tab.

Under the Settings tab, inside the large grey box, you should see two boxes representing monitors, labeled “1” and “2.”

If you only see one box, Windows has not detected the connection to the projector. Shut down both your laptop and the projector and recheck all connections.

Right-click on the box labeled “2” and ensure the menu option called “Attached” is checked. If it is not, click on it; then click Apply” at the bottom right.

Now, repeat the Function- keystroke.

The entry at the bottom of the Displays screen which reads “Extend my
Windows desktop onto this monitor” controls mirroring, the display of the same image on both the laptop screen and the external projector.

If you want the screens to be mirrored, click on the #2 monitor and make sure the “Extend my…” box is NOT checked.

If you do not want to enable mirroring, click on the #2 monitor and CHECK the “Extend my…” entry. This will expand your Windows desktop across both the laptop screen and the projector screen.

Aarchie :

try above written solution

Aarchie :

And get back to me with the result

Aarchie :

what happene?

Customer :

None of this seems to work I get the display on one or the other but not both

Aarchie :

ok. then in that case i will opt out myself and let your question open for other experts. As i am out of ideas.

Aarchie :

Sorry i couldn't helped you much. You soon be notified via mail as soon as an expert will join you for further suggestions. Ok . Good Luck

Customer :

Thanks for your help.

Aarchie :

Your Welcome.

Customer :

I'm going to have to go offline now but thanks to all for the help even if it didn't solve the problem. It may be a fault with my laptop.

Ms Techie, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology, 3 + Years of Experience in Software Industry