Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware
13934950

when I type, it stops typing while Im typing and I have to

when I type, it stops typing while I'm typing and I have to wait for it to catch up. It doesn't catch up the letters, it drops all the letters I typed after about 5 or so. We've run all the virus ware we have, updated drivers and nothing has helped. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Santonu replied 3 years ago.

Do you notice the problem in one specific program Or all programs ?

For example, open Notepad, type a few lines and let me know if you notice the same problem

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It happens in everything, internet, MS Word and in this response!
Expert:  Santonu replied 3 years ago.
Lets try to disable some startup programs which automatically start with Windows.

Click Windows icon (Start)

Type msconfig in the Search bar and press Enter

The System Configuration utility should open

Click Startup tab

Click Disable All

Click Apply and Ok

Restart computer

When it starts again, open a couple of applications and test the issue with typing.
Let me know if you notice same problem

To get back to this question, logon to JustAnswer and you will find this question under My Questions.

You can also bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl + D

Let me know results so that I can follow up further

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I followed yoursuggestion. Tried Word, Excel and Outlook. Still not able to type awhole word or sentence.
Expert:  Santonu replied 3 years ago.
Open Task Manager

Either right click on Task Bar and select Task Manager Or press Ctrl + Shift + Esc

At the bottom left corner of Task Manager window, it will show the number of total processes

Let me know this number

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
74
Expert:  Santonu replied 3 years ago.
Open System Configuration utility again

Click Windows icon (Start)

Click Services tab

Clik the checkbox Hide All Microsoft Services

Click Disable All

Click Apply and Ok

Restart the computer once more

When it starts, open Notepad, Word etc and type a few lines.

Let me know results

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OMG, I can type again, that is wonderful. Do I need to do anything to get everything turned back on that needs to be turned on or am I OK as is?
Expert:  Santonu replied 3 years ago.
The next option will be to re-enable one startup item at a time and test the system

To re-enable one item, click Windows icon (Start)

Click Startup tab

Put a check next to one item (to enable it)

Also take a note of the item you just enabled

Click Apply and Ok

Restart computer

The idea here is to re-enable one startup item at a time, restart computer and test the issue.

This way you should able to find the offending application which is creating the problem
(Making the system slow)

Please note you can keep all the startup programs disabled except the entries related to
your antivirus software

Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Diploma in Hardware
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Santonu replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Regards