Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
14934061

How can I cancel my AOL account but keep my AOL email addr

How can I cancel my AOL account but keep my AOL email address?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Hello.

JACUSTOMER-9cv45yfk- :

Hi

JACUSTOMER-9cv45yfk- :

so what is the answer?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

to cancel your AOL account please do this:

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Dial AOL Customer Service at(NNN) NNN-NNNN When prompted, say the word "cancellation" in a clear voice. You will be transferred to a customer service representative.

Tell the customer service representative that you'd like to cancel your AOL account. Provide the account information. The representative will try to keep you as an AOL customer, tell them you'd like to cancel. If asked why, tell them that you are just canceling the account.

Write down the name of the representative and the date and time you spoke with them.

JACUSTOMER-9cv45yfk- :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX need to know how to do it on line

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

after doing this, please let me know. so I can show you how to access your Aol email address. when you cancel AOL, your email address will stay forever.

JACUSTOMER-9cv45yfk- :

Isnt' there a way to do it on line?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

I am checking this.

JACUSTOMER-9cv45yfk- :

This is so cool. sorry if I sound like an idiot

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

normally, cancellations are done by phone. but i was able to find a way to do it online.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

please try this

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

• Log in to AOL. You need to log in using the master account, which is the account you created when you first signed up for AOL.

• Click the "Cancel my billing" link on the right side of the screen in the navigation box labeled "I want to...". This expands more options. Within the "Frequently Asked Questions" dialogue box, click "How do I cancel my paid member account or convert it to a free member account?"

• Click the link that corresponds to how you want to cancel. You can send an electronic message by clicking the link labeled "Send an electronic cancellation", or you can mail or fax the form available using the link labeled "Faxing or Mailing".

• JACUSTOMER-9cv45yfk- :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX do this. Then how will I retrieve my AOL mail?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Hello, you can retrieve your aol mail from:

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

webmail.aol.com

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

entering your screen name. and password.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

it will show your inbox.

JACUSTOMER-9cv45yfk- :

That's great - you'd think I could have figured that our myself. So, I just press accept now, right?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Hello, yes. this is correct. by the way, if you still cannot cancel your aol account, there is an alternative solution. you can call your bank, and cancel your credit card which is associated with your aol. aol won't be able to charge you in the next billing period. so your aol account will be cancelled automatically.

JACUSTOMER-9cv45yfk- :

Thanks hon, have a swell day.