Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Professional computer engineer working as systems developer with top multinational company.

I recently upgraded from Vista (64 bit) to Windows 7 (64 bit).

Customer Question

I recently upgraded from Vista (64 bit) to Windows 7 (64 bit). After removing Microsoft Outlook 2003 and installin Microsoft Outlook 2007 I receive the following messages:
"The file ExSec32.dll is incompatible with Microsoft Outlook. Install Outlook again." Reinstaalling Outlook does not seem to eliminate this message.

While running Outlook 2007 I also get the following message:

"RegSERVO not compatible with Windows."

I have also received the following message:
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I am also running Micrsoft Office Professional 2003 (less Microsoft Outlook 2003).

What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to

Download and install revo uninstaller:

Use it to completely uninstall Microsoft Office. While uninstalling using Revo, be sure to delete all the registry keys when it prompts to(IMPORTANT).

Once done, reinstall it and let me know, if that works.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Please cancel my request for assistance.

I was able to uninstall MS Office Outlook 2003 using the "change program feature" of the control panel "Remove Program" utility. Then I re-installed MS Outlook 2007. It did not work properly. However, on my third reinstal (after once again, and definitely removing Outlook 2003), I chose the repair feature. MS Outlook 2007 is now running correctly with no sign of Outlook 2003.

I really do not wish to uninstall my MS Office Professional Pro 2003 as all the features i normally use seem to be working fine in that package and I do not wish to go through another re-install with all the hassles that includes (including working from my old original disc, making multiple updates, and working with Microsoft to explain yet another installation when I am on record as having that package installed on the maxinimum number of personal computers at home). In other words, i am trying to stand pat on my current installation until necessity causes me to update to a more recent version.

Thanks for the prompt reply but I hope you will understand my desire not to pay for something that I managed to cure myself after hours of effort.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

As I said in my previous reply, I do not wish to accept the answer I received. I did not use it and do not intend to use it. I cured my problem on my own. Please cancel my request.

Your reply suggested uninstalling my entire MS Office Professional 2003 suite using a link to I did not and do not wish to do that because of the difficulties i would encounter during re-installation. Instead, before I even received your response, I was finally able to uninstall MS Outlook only from within the MSOffice Profession 2003 suite itself (using the change utitlity that is built into that package). Then I reinstalled MS Outlook 2007 from my new original disk. After that installation, I continued to encounter some error messages in Outlook but they were not the same ones I found before when I initiated my request to you. I then used MS Outlook 2007's own built-in repair facility and was able to repair MS Outllook 2007 and make it work without error. . Since the solution I found on my own did not follow your recommendation, I feel that I should not have to pay for the advice you sent me but which I did not use.

Therefore, I request that you refund my deposit.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 6 years ago.
I am requesting a refund for you.