Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

Am newcomer. google favorites bar -- cannot remove items.

Am newcomer.
google favorites bar -- cannot remove items. Help! Also, somehow obtained a "blank page" setting, which I cannot remove. This keeps showing up on the same line as the previous-mentioned stuff...hope you can help get this junk out.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you. Can you please tell me what you are trying to do? Are you trying to remove the favorites bar, or trying to remove a Google toolbar, or something else? Let me know - thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Where the yellow star is shown at top left (favorites), to it's right, another yellow star with a small green arrow: I wish to know how to add and remove these add-ons.

Hello - if you are using Internet Explorer, that is unfortunately built in to the web browser and there is nothing you can do to remove those two icons. I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear but that is built into Internet Explorer. Thank you for your question. Please click Accept.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what has happened is this: sStar and google icon repeated accross page endlessly., ainterspersed with small e on a "page" icon, then "about blank".. with number of times visited/tried to do something/ in parens. i.e.: igoogle (16), aboutblank(7). Do you recognize this info and know how to delete these which are repeated accross page? I don't want to delete my yellow star "favorites" icon., just to clean up what follows.
Does this repetition occur when you first open up Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It seems to be permanent, and when I click on any of them, it just adds the number of clicks to the total of that one. Can't find information on how to remove these. Don't want to change basic Explorer stuff, just get rid of the junk. My brother, who is retired from IBM, told me to just go back to Windows Help and Reinstall the entire system fromscratch...don't want to go through all that if not necessaey.
Hi - no, let's not go that far just yet. :)

Please go to Start menu ... Select "Run" (or press Windows+R)

Then type the following:

then press ENTER

Click the "Advanced" tab"

Click the Restore advanced settings button

then click on Reset... (you must have all Internet Explorer windows closed to do this) then Reset again, then OK/OK out of those windows. Make sure all Internet Explorer windows are closed then open Internet Explorer again and let me know if the problem continues.

Please return to and log back in (as the cookie that was your login will have been cleared, along with all other cookies) and select "My Questions" to find this question again - thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
please be patient with me - where is "start menu"
No problem :)

Start menu is simply the word "Start" or the Windows flag in the bottom left-most corner on your monitor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don''t see this on screen/home page.
Do you have a Windows key on your keyboard? It is to the right of the [CTRL] key and to the left of the [ALT] key (left of your space bar). Hold that and press the letter R and the Run box should pop up. Then you can follow the rest of the steps along. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
close all settings ---?tried still have junk.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
close all settings ---?tried still have junk. when i open the window for advanced settings it covers your instructions
OK - after you click "Reset" what happened? Did anything change?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, so you did Restore advanced settings, then Reset... then closed all browser windows, opened it back up, and you still see many icons?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how to close all browser windows?
OK, after you click "Reset..." then Reset again on that Advanced tab (bottom of the Advanced tab) please press CTRL+ALT+DEL at the same time and select "Log Off" then log off and log back in, go to and log in, then let me know if it worked. It won't take effect until you close all windows and that is the easiest way to confirm you've closed them. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have taken enough of your time -- have printed out what I could..thanks.
It is no problem. If you found my assistance satisfactory, please click Accept. Thank you for your question.