Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

what is 530 authentication required before sending message

Customer Question

what is "530 authentication required before sending" message? I have a Verizon USB card and am unable to send/reply to messages (I receive fine)._Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

i see your using a verizon air card, and have windows xp.

Question,..

What email program are you trying to use ?

Outlook, outlook express, windows mail, windows live mail, thundervird?

And one more thing..

The email address your trying to setup to use.. What is the normal website you would log into to access the email directly?

Cox , gmail.com, hotmail?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003

My laptop is set up to go direct to email: time warner roadrunner; it is already set up. When I'm connected to LinkSys at home I do not have the problem.

When connected to Verizon USB card I get the message unable to reply/send mail; I receive mail fine. Originally it said may need updated add-in - that was before getting the 530 authent required message. Also said to go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced, Com add-ins, but I was not able to find the Com add-in page.

So here we are....thank you for checking into this for me.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.

Ithe reason you dont have the isue when you are at home, is because your set up to use time warners smtp settings..

And then when your away from home.. You need to use verizons smtp settings..

Smtp controls the sending of mail..

So.. I can help you solve this very simply and quickly..

But i still need one more piece of infromation..

the program your using for email, the one you were goint to tools, options, com add ins..

Is that program outlook 03 , outlook 07, outlook express?

If your not sure, let me know!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Outlook 03

Also, I receive my mail using time warners smtp settings when on the verizon air card at our training facility (away from home and LinkSys). The send part is the only problem I'm having.

Outlook 03 - it appears I may have been incorrect in not finding Com add-ins part...l checked again, found it; could it be I don't have the correct addins?

Need to go to bed so I can get up early for work. Will check in tomorrow!

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
In outlook, you will need to go to tools, accounts, and edit your smtp settings..

This is what it must be set to, for you to be able to send mail when using the card..

Under SMTP, use smtp.vzwmail.net

Then check the box that says "My server requires authentication".

Now click the "Setings" button. The User Name is XXXXX XXXXX card phone number. If you have a cell phone with them as well, your cell number will work too.

The password XXXXX XXXXX same one that you use to log into your account on verizonwireless.com to view your bill, etc.

with those settings you will be able to send mail using the verizon air card..

Check the "Remember Password" box.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will make these changes to my outlook to test, but does this mean when I go back to my 'home' office using LinkSys I have to make changes to my account(s) again?

Do I change all four accounts? I have three company accounts that come from our website (allstates-k9.com) and flows into our main roadrunner account.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Apologies for the delay.. If it all flows into your main account.. Then you should only have to change the main account..

And yes,unfortunately, you will have to make the change each time you switch from home to not being home..

If you have any further questions, let me know..

If my answer helped, please click accept and leave some feedback!

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi - although your answer did not fix my problem, I appreciate your time and effort. As a business person, I know how valuable time is and respect what you have put into answering my question.

I finally went to Verizon, and the answer was in my computer settings, outgoing server and log on using lambz...

Thank you again and have a great day!

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your candor and reply...

Im glad you got the issue resolved, And thank you as well for letting me know the resolution..