pims, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  More than 3 years experience as Computer hardware and network engineer

My HP laptop keeps crashing (Blue screen) and now that I am

My HP laptop keeps crashing (Blue screen) and now that I am reloading WIN 7 it really is going haywire. SERIAL # XXXXX What is the fault opr sys or hardware...????
Category: Computer
Expert:  pims replied 6 years ago.

Wellcome to JA,

When you turn on your laptop can you see any error in the screen ?

Any new RAM you up grade in it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

(The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.)

This came up whie trying to re-install Windows 7. Otherwise I have been receiving the blue screen whenever the computer encouters what it considers a threat.

Expert:  pims replied 6 years ago.
the blue screen is indicate the bad HARD DRIVE or RAM please check you laptop ram first if the problem persist than check the harddrive .post off the time the blue screen appears due to ram upgrade if you not upgrade the ram than its probable the hard drive problem and may be the hard drive is replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is a new Laptop--would the hD and RAM be covered in Jamaica? Bought at PC Richards in NYC over 6 months ago... Never used till now...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Just got the blue screen again: "*** STOP: 0X0000001E (0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000, 0X00000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

collecting data for crash dump...

Expert:  pims replied 6 years ago.
Oh this is the darddrive errroe it must be replaced .

Dont forget to click button and positive feedback.

Thanks and Regard