Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant

I recently got Warning A problem with the cooling system

I recently got "Warning: A problem with the cooling system has been detected.
Please turn off the computer immediately, and return it for service." on my Toshiba Satellite L675-019. I had this problem a couple weeks ago, but it went away when I restarted the computer.

Tonight, I got this error message again, so I turned off my laptop. Before I turned it off, it said my CPU fan was at 0% when it was working before. What solutions do I have other than returning it for repairs?

Hello, what is the model/series of this laptop? Please check on the bottom of it...

Example: Toshiba Satellite L675-S7018

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Satellite L675-019 is the model.

I couldnt find it. Is this a USA Model Laptop or from what country did you purchase it from?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I purchased it in Canada.

Thanks! This is what you have for Future Reference...

Model/Series - Toshiba Satellite L675-PSK3AC-01900X

Please download the most up-2-date drivers from Toshiba. I want you to update/upgrade your BIOS to the 1.50 which was released on 8/16/2010.

After you do this, restart the computer and then test it out. This will fix any hardware issues, bugs that was brought to Toshiba's attention and this is how they fix it. If after doing this you still have issues, you will need to have this fixed.

With Toshiba, there are 3 options.

1) Send it in for repair.

2) Take it to a local Toshiba Repair Center.

3) Pay extra for the In-Home Service Repair (which is not even $100.00) I just purchased a Toshiba Qosmio, and I got this myself as I cant afford to send it in for 2 weeks either and I dont have no local center here grrr.

NOTE: You need to get this fixed ASAP. If the fans are not working properly, it can and will overheat, force the laptop to shutdown or even worse, blow up your motherboard and it will all have to be replaced.