Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

Windows live wont let me log on with my email address and

Customer Question

Windows live won't let me log on with my email address and I can't receive or send mail it shows error code 0x800CCC0D what does this mean and how do i get my POP3 server back on line?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you use Internet Explorer to access your live mail or Windows Live mail program?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
What "yes" do you use Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i do use explorer internet isn't that the reply to your question and how else do I get onto the internet?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
Do you get error 0x800CCC0D when you try to open Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no I have 0x800CCC0D error code when trying to sign into Windows live mail that my email host can not be found
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
Are you using the same PC to communicate with me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i am using a PC HP Pavillion all in one design connected to broadband
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
OK
Please open this LINK and use your username and password XXXXX login and let me know what happens....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is not the window live hotmail that is the problem it is the Windoew live mail that for the time I upgraded to Window 7 I have use as my email provider using my Xtra.co.nz default address not the hotmai,l msn or yahoo and now for nearly one week I have not been able to receive or send form my email address.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
OK
Then use this LINK and let me know it is the email login page for your email of Xtra.co.nz
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i know that I can get my email through this site but I prefer to obatain it from Windows live mail
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
OK
As you can still login from this link that means either the POP3 servers are changed or not working please follow the steps below to check the account settings and then call your ISP to make confirm that the settings are same or they have been changed like if the pop3 server is changed then you will get this error as this error indicates that the server is not wroking.....

1. Open Windows Mail

2. Locate the account information you were given by your e-mail service provider. If you need help finding this information, see Where to find your e-mail account information.

3. Click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts.

4. Under Mail, click your e-mail account, and then click Properties.

5. Click the Servers tab. Check that the various entries under Server Information and Incoming Mail Server match the account information from your e-mail provider.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Done that with the phone call server and advanced and still I couldn't sign in
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
Do you have called your ISP and make confirm that the outgoing and incoming servers are same and not changed.?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MY ISP confirmed and changed some of the settings but still didn't work
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
They have changed the settings in your PC?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No on the emial adress property server and advanced
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
Please open the server properties and make sure that the settings are same as the below...if needed take help from some one.

Incoming:

• Incoming mail server: pop3.xtra.co.nz
  • SSL enabled.
  • Port 995

Username: First part of email address ie.XXX@XXXXXX.XXX = abc123

Password: Your password

Outgoing:

• Outgoing mail server: send.xtra.co.nz
  • SSL Enabled.
  • Port 465
  • SMTP auth must be turned on. Use either 'use same login as incoming mail' or manually type the username and password XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tried that nothing changes sign in still not abled same error code 0x800CCC0D
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
The settings are same as I have given to you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes settings are the same as I received from Telecom and now from you I even had to have my security provider uninstall my anti virus for a while and still I was unable to connect
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
I am out of ideas I will open this question for other experts...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you anyway