RussellA, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years of Experience, 14 Years in Corporate America, 2010 Engineering Excellence Award.

Slingbox Pro HD after 1 month working power led start blinking

Customer Question

Slingbox Pro HD after 1 month working power led start blinking and cannot reset or work again.Allready try new power adaptor without success.All huppend after an electricity failure.
Category: Computer
Expert:  RussellA replied 6 years ago.

My name isXXXXX will be assisting you with your question. Bookmark RussellA.Com to find me again!

If your Pro HD isn't responding to a hard reset (or at least changing behavior) and you've verified that it's not a power supply issue, what you've described points to an internal hardware failure. A blinking Logo light might mean it's lost its configuration settings, but combined with a blinking power light... that's not cool.

I think you will need to get an RMA, but I would not mention the power outage if you are under warranty. Usually Power Surges are not covered.

Just in case you want to try to reset your slingbox again, do the following:

To reset your Slingbox, you must be on your home network and be able to physically access the Slingbox.

1. With your Slingbox powered on, press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Slingbox for five seconds.
  2. The lights on the front of the Slingbox quickly flash from left to right, and then flash slowly.
  3. The Slingbox is reset after 30 seconds.
  4. Once reset, the Power light stays solid.
  5. If your Slingbox is connected to your router, the Network light will also go on when it receives an IP address.